Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Note: We are phasing out the Papers feature. Existing papers can be viewed, but new papers cannot be created.

Newest Comments and Papers

1 2 3 181

Recently Used Tags

Papers Directory

• Profile photo of Sydney Ogude
    Written by Sydney Ogude Updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Looking at all the writing that I have done since the course started and comparing with pieces of work that I created towards the end of the semester I could see the improvement as me as a writer. I have grown to understand more about rhetorical situations and learned how to analyze it in all […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sydney Ogude
    Written by Sydney Ogude Created 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Sydney Ogude Kelly Mcintosh Composition of Individual & Society 10108 25 September 2020 Black lives in America The oppression of black lives and the recent killing of black people is nothing new to our country. As a person of color I know I have a target on my back not because of the person I […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sydney Ogude

9/3/2020 The rhetorical situation of “The Dangers of Tipping While Black” shines light on the racial discrimiation taking place in restaurants in our society. The author too had experienced first hand the consequences of tipping while black when he was rudely addressed by a white waitress who misunderstood the whole situation as she thought he […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sydney Ogude

Ogude‌ ‌1‌ ‌ ‌ Sydney‌ ‌Ogude‌ ‌ Professor‌ ‌Donald‌ ‌Charlton‌ ‌ Leaders‌ ‌Who‌ ‌Changed‌ ‌Their‌ ‌Worlds‌ ‌ 20‌ ‌November‌ ‌2020‌ ‌ Critical‌ ‌Analysis‌ ‌Essay‌ ‌ ‌ Frederick‌ ‌Douglass‌ ‌was‌ ‌a‌ ‌leader‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌abolitionist‌ ‌movement‌ ‌and‌ ‌a‌ ‌former‌ ‌slave.‌ ‌ Frederick’s‌ ‌Douglass‌ ‌work‌ ‌‌helped‌ ‌change‌ ‌America’s‌ ‌views‌ ‌of‌ ‌slavery‌ ‌through‌ ‌his‌ ‌writings‌ ‌and‌ ‌ actions.‌‌ […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sydney Ogude

Sydney Ogude Kelly Mcintosh Composition of Individual & Society 10108 25 September 2020                                                     Black lives in America The oppression of black lives and the recent killing of black people is nothing new to our country. As  a person of color I know I have a target on my back not because of the person I […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sydney Ogude

Sydney Ogude FIQWS Kelly McIntosh  12/2/20                                                        Composition in Two Genre Genre 1 This is my first of the two compositions I’ve created for this assignment. For this assignment, I decided to choose a drawing as shown above. My reasoning for this was because I wanted to reach the younger audience who aren’t too fond of […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of austin knight
    Written by austin knight Created 5 months, 1 week ago

Hailing from Dominican Republic raised in Bronx, NY my peer interview is being conducted on 20-year-old Leidy Luciano. Leidy is currently in her 3rd year in City College of NY. It’s safe to say the community she recognizes as hers she has been a member of it for a lifetime. Education equality, low income […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Mona Lee
    Written by Mona Lee Created 6 months, 1 week ago

In the world of love and relationships, the dating scene is never complete without a whirlwind of emotions. Significant Other portrays a modern depiction of what it’s like to be single while everyone just so happens to have a ring on their finger. The plot centers around 29-year old Jordan who’s been the supporter, shoulder […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Xin Li
    Written by Xin Li Created 7 months ago

Paper #1 Narrative Essay

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Mona Lee
    Written by Mona Lee Updated 7 months, 1 week ago

Hell is not your typical summer vacation nor is it equipped with flames and instruments of death. Instead No Exit introduces us to the accommodations of Hell where Mr. Joseph Garcin, Inez and Estelle are placed together. The play follows their clashing personalities while grasping the fact that they are bonded for life or in […]

Public Paper / 1 follower