Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to create papers, share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Newest Comments and Papers

• Metaphor Writing

Rushing and breathing hard
    She walked into the building
    the sound of her shoes
    toc toc toc toc toc
    echoed in the lobby
    pressing the button with urgency
    the elevator growling
    now waiting for the […]

• Frances Cleary /EDR 605

PSV1 – Fiction Piece

The soft pink and white cherry blossom trees against the jadeite green grass on the Boston Common resembled the colors in a delicate Chinese snuff bottle Tara ha […]

• Kathy Manessis created a new paper FV1 1 day, 6 hours ago

Kathy Manessis

EDR 605 – Spring ‘16

Right, Left, Right, Left

I have always considered myself to be quite normal. I live in a house. I drive a car. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I go to work, and I […]

1 2 107

Papers Directory

• Profile photo of Rosandy Sanchez
    FV1
    Written by Rosandy Sanchez Updated 20 hours, 25 minutes ago

Metaphor Writing Rushing and breathing hard She walked into the building the sound of her shoes toc toc toc toc toc echoed in the lobby pressing the button with urgency the elevator growling now waiting for the elevator the elevator stops on each floor 3 lights up 2 lights up L lights up “ding” doors […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Frances Cleary
    Written by Frances Cleary Created 1 day, 6 hours ago

Frances Cleary /EDR 605 PSV1 – Fiction Piece   The soft pink and white cherry blossom trees against the jadeite green grass on the Boston Common resembled the colors in a delicate Chinese snuff bottle Tara had once seen in a museum. It was a temperate late April evening, and she breathed the blossoms’ lovely […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Kathy Manessis
    FV1
    Written by Kathy Manessis Updated 1 day, 6 hours ago

Kathy Manessis EDR 605 – Spring ‘16   Right, Left, Right, Left   I have always considered myself to be quite normal. I live in a house. I drive a car. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I go to work, and I come home. I move through my days like an android: I wake […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Karl Steel

A study of medieval and early modern oysters, posthumanism, and the problem of agency, which ultimately argues that oysters don’t need a ‘touch of anthropomorphism’ but rather that we need a ‘touch of oysterpomorphism.’

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Kathy Manessis
    Written by Kathy Manessis Updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I am here to help you get by I am here even if you do not know how to try Building a classroom that rus on it’s own pace Learning takes time, it is not a race. I will always be near when the words seem unclear   Braveness Courage Perserverance   Great ability will […]

Public Paper / 1 comment / 2 followers
  • Profile photo of Kathy Manessis
    Written by Kathy Manessis Created 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I am here to help you get by I am here even if you do not know how to try Building a classroom that runs on it’s own pace Learning takes time, it is not a race.   I will always be near When the words seem unclear   Braveness Courage Perserverance   Great ability […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Erin Glass
    Written by Erin Glass Updated 3 weeks ago

Draft introduction to the dissertation: The Cyborg University as Reproductive Organ of the Cyborg World In December of 2015, I was part of a team at The CUNY Graduate Center that launched a beta version of Social Paper, a student-directed tool for networking writing. While the tool is not perfect, it is intended to mark a […]

Public Paper / 10 comments / 3 followers
  • Profile photo of Ryan Seslow
    Written by Ryan Seslow Created 3 weeks, 1 day ago

How to Write Your MFA Thesis in Fine Art (And Beyond)   I enjoy writing, and I find the process to be fun. Do you? I know that writing takes regular practice and it’s an essential part of my learning process. Writing helps me see and organize my thoughts. This allows me to edit and […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Rosandy Sanchez
    Written by Rosandy Sanchez Updated 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Title-PSV1 You thought I would fall but those who know Oh, they know Here I stand Strong and proud strong and proud for her For those who see me they think momma is weak But I am a tiger strong and proud strong and proud Can’t no stop me  For I’m a mother for […]

Public Paper / 1 comment / 2 followers
  • Profile photo of Frances Cleary
    Written by Frances Cleary Created 3 weeks, 2 days ago

My Journey as a Teacher by Frances Cleary Final Draft                                                                            EDR 605 My passion to be a language teacher is what has driven me to study and learn about other cultures. My parents instilled this curiosity about other cultures in me from a young age. My father taught Latin and Greek at the university […]

Public Paper / 1 follower