Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Note: We are phasing out the Papers feature. Existing papers can be viewed, but new papers cannot be created.

Newest Comments and Papers

• 1. What reflections do you have on what you learned or what you now think about the experience of being a patient after watching the movie? From the second you walk into a hospital to when you leave, all the steps […]

• After completing my first major essay I was exposed to not only my  ability to write and compose a narrative  essay but also expanded my horizons of what I can also achieve through the same medium of expression, m […]

• One of the main problems that I have trouble with is that I tend to repeat the same story and use the same words multiple times throughout my essay and it really messes up my essay at some point. I also have some […]

1 2 183

Recently Used Tags

Papers Directory

Viewing papers with the tag: ecocriticism Clear

• Profile photo of Karl Steel
    Written by Karl Steel Updated 4 years, 5 months ago

[Chapter 3 of my book in progress. Chapter 5, on Oysters, is here: https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/papers/oysters/] Chapter III: FOOD FOR WORMS “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy victory?” — 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 Three Ways of Thinking About Death How many ends does death have for us? The answer has long seemed easy, […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Karl Steel

A study of medieval and early modern oysters, posthumanism, and the problem of agency, which ultimately argues that oysters don’t need a ‘touch of anthropomorphism’ but rather that we need a ‘touch of oysterpomorphism.’

Public Paper / 1 comment / 1 follower