Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Note: We are phasing out the Papers feature. Existing papers can be viewed, but new papers cannot be created.

Newest Comments and Papers

1 2 175

Recently Used Tags

Papers Directory

• Profile photo of Xin Li
    Written by Xin Li Created 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Paper #1 Narrative Essay

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Mona Lee
    Written by Mona Lee Updated 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Hell is not your typical summer vacation nor is it equipped with flames and instruments of death. Instead No Exit introduces us to the accommodations of Hell where Mr. Joseph Garcin, Inez and Estelle are placed together. The play follows their clashing personalities while grasping the fact that they are bonded for life or in […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Michael Torres
    Written by Michael Torres Created 4 weeks ago

An aspect of first language acquisition I found interesting was the debate between nativism and empiricism. Nativist scientists believe we are born with linguistic knowledge and empiricists believe imitation of others is how linguistic knowledge grows. If given a choice I would say data-driven empiricist belief is stronger than the pre-programmed generative theory of universal […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of osemenga celey-okogun
    Written by osemenga celey-okogun Created 1 month, 1 week ago

Argument Assignment For the longest time women have always been told that they have no place in a man’s world. Women have always been told that their place is in the kitchen while the men were told their role is to work in order provide for the families. This ideology is called Gender roles. Gender […]

Public Paper / 1 comment / 2 followers
  • Profile photo of Magally Dorado Amigon
    Written by Magally Dorado Amigon Created 5 months ago

Magally Dorado Amigon Freshman Comp May 22, 2020 Professor Ellis    Throughout this course, I have learned a lot about English and writing in general. I feel like I can see growth within my work. Not only did I learn more but I was able to expand on my ideas and beliefs. Before entering this […]

Public Paper / 1 follower

Magally Dorado Amigon  Freshman Comp. April 6, 2020 Professor Ellis   The Researched Critical Analysis essay was another essay that I had a bit of difficulty writing. Unlike the exploratory essay, in this one you do present your argument and back it up with evidence. In this essay, you have to be on one side […]

Public Paper / 1 follower

Magally Dorado Amigon  Freshman Comp April 26, 2020 Professor Ellis  Religion’s impact on abortion   The topic of abortion has always been very controversial between communities and even families. It is something that is so easy to disagree on but there are so many factors to it and so many of them are hidden. No […]

Public Paper / 1 follower

Public Paper / 1 follower

Magally Dorado Amigon Freshman Comp April 5, 2020 Professor Ellis   The exploratory essay was a bit more difficult for me as I did face some challenges. To begin, I did not know how to start and structure the essay. I had a general idea of what I was going to write about but I […]

Public Paper / 1 follower

Magally Dorado Amigon Freshman Comp April 2, 2020 Professor Ellis   Religion’s impact on abortion   Abortion is a topic that has always been very controversial within countries, communities, and families as well. For years, even continuing today it is something that impacts us. You see all kinds of debates on websites, magazines, and on […]

Public Paper / 1 follower