Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Note: We are phasing out the Papers feature. Existing papers can be viewed, but new papers cannot be created.

Newest Comments and Papers

• Power Of Words

I wished I was a boy. I wished I was a boy – a chant I remember saying so often. Hoping that if I repeat it enough times, it would magically come about, a direct consequence of growing up in a […]

• Ayelet Teitelbaum

Language and Literacy narrative

March 1, 2022

While I realize the impracticality of what I am about to say as I write this cover letter, I wrote this piece for me.

One of the […]

• I am happy to say that the NASA Proposal Writing & Evaluation Experience has been as intense as I expected it to be. Usually, I find myself writing about art or social issues. This time, I found myself deep into […]

1 2 186

Recently Used Tags

Papers Directory

• Profile photo of Laisa (She/Her)
    Written by Laisa (She/Her) Created 3 months, 1 week ago

Power Of Words I wished I was a boy. I wished I was a boy – a chant I remember saying so often. Hoping that if I repeat it enough times, it would magically come about, a direct consequence of growing up in a city, where sexism and misogyny hid deep in the self-proclaimed progressive […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Ayelet Teitelbaum (she/her/hers)
    Written by Ayelet Teitelbaum (she/her/hers) Created 5 months, 1 week ago

Ayelet Teitelbaum Language and Literacy narrative March 1, 2022   While I realize the impracticality of what I am about to say as I write this cover letter, I wrote this piece for me. One of the Course Learning Outcomes for this class’s semester was to “Recognize the role of language attitudes and standards in […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Samihah Tahsin (she/her)
    Written by Samihah Tahsin (she/her) Updated 6 months ago

I am happy to say that the NASA Proposal Writing & Evaluation Experience has been as intense as I expected it to be. Usually, I find myself writing about art or social issues. This time, I found myself deep into “science-y” terms I had not worked with before. Each team was to submit 4-6 quad […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Joshua Sabbagh (he/him)
    Written by Joshua Sabbagh (he/him) Created 6 months ago

In this internship I am already feeling good about the work I am putting out and the people I am meeting. So far I’ve had great communication with the general group and have been invited to almost every event which is nice. Ive had good contact with a couple of colleagues who I have been […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of George (He/Him)
    Written by George (He/Him) Created 8 months ago

This semester has been what I have not expected to be when I wanted to go to college. What has caused this change will be the pandemic that is currently still happening and it has limited the amount of contact we are supposed to have. This has made me think about how am I going […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Stephanie Agapito Santos (She/Her/Hers)
    Written by Stephanie Agapito Santos (She/Her/Hers) Created 8 months, 1 week ago

Do You Speak English? A state that is diverse and full of life would be the big apple, oh New York New York. I can say everybody knows one of Jay-Z’s big hits featuring Alicia Keys “Empire State Of Mind” https://youtu.be/QsZlY0Vz4-o. Well that’s my home, that’s where a young latina girl grew up within the […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Layla Ayoub
    Written by Layla Ayoub Updated 8 months, 1 week ago

Essay #1 – Personal Literacy Narrative (1)

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Sajan Chokar (He/Him/His)
    Written by Sajan Chokar (He/Him/His) Created 8 months, 2 weeks ago

There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.

Public Paper / 986 followers

Public Paper / 986 followers
    Written by Sajan Chokar (He/Him/His) Updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Public Paper / 986 followers