Public Group active 3 days, 3 hours ago

CUNY Games Network

Visit our website at http://games.commons.gc.cuny.edu (or by clicking the Visit Blog link on the left).

We connect educators from every campus and discipline at CUNY who are interested in games, simulations, and other forms of interactive teaching. We seek to facilitate the pedagogical uses of both digital and non-digital games, improve student success, and encourage research and scholarship in the developing field of games-based learning.

Waffle Games 7.0 @ CCNY June 22nd

• Hi all, long time lurker here, but you may have seen my posts about Waffle Games @ Hunter pre-pandemic. Well… we’re back!

Waffle Games is an annual convention and conference (usually) held each spring semester – run by students. Our 2023 event brought in over 600 students, recent grads, and industry professionals to City College to play, design, compete, and learn. This year, we had to move it to June – so our word of mouth on college campuses has been nerfed. It would be great if any of you could get the word out to your former students (or current if you’re teaching summer) that might be interested in gaming, game development, or other intersectional STEAM related things – we have talks on inclusive design, localization and cultural considerations, and other things that could apply to a wide variety of fields.

Our full schedule is posted already, and our sessions range from ones aimed at beginner students to more in-depth ones better for graduate students or professionals. Our keynote speaker is Kate Edwards, who even longtime industry professionals love hearing. But we also have fun stuff like an expo hall with over 40 local developers, and smash/league/mariokart tournaments. CCNY is still locked down a bit from the demonstrations so anyone attending would need to pre-register.

Also, if anyone has any of their posters from CUNY Games Conference past and want to share them at the event, I think it would be cool for the students to see the intersectional applications of games in education. Let me know if you’d be interested in that!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.