CUNY Pie

Public Group active 1 year, 1 month ago

April CUNY Pie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13883

Hi All,

April 7 has crept up on me — it’s CUNY Pie night and we have nothing planned!

This was the week we were supposed to go to Queens — I was thinking that Nick’s would be the logical choice (http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/nicks-pizza01/).

I’d still be willing to head out there tonight if others can make it; otherwise, I’d be happy to postpone this trip until next Thursday.

Addition, if people wanted to get together tonight for an informal gathering at a more centrally located pizza place, I would be open to that, too.

What do you think?

Matt

#21587

Hi All —

Okay. CUNY Pie is officially off for this week and on for next week, April 14th.

Is anyone else interested in a trip on that day to Nick’s in Queens?

Best,

Matt

#21588

I am! What time would we meet?

#21589

I’m so glad that you’ve postponed until next week! I’ll be there! Where in Queens is NIck’s?

Yours in pizza,
    jrr

#21590

Daniel — great! We can meet at 5:30 or 6 and head over. Let’s see who else is coming and then arrange a time.

Jody: It’s in Forest Hills – http://bit.ly/idBzLM

Others: please don’t be shy. Come on out!!

#21591

Ack, thought I could make it next week, but a look at my calendar (duh) reveals that I have a class at 6. Take pictures! Hopefully I’ll be in next month.

(P.S. Jonathan said: how can it be CUNY Pie without Boone?)

#21592

“(P.S. Jonathan said: how can it be CUNY Pie without Boone?)”

Amen.

#21593

Oh, please. A *truly* dedicated CUNY Pie Co-Founder would not be off cavorting in Iowa while essential pizza activities were going on in NYC!

#21594

True, true…maybe one month of Iowa pizza is a suitable punishment?

#21595
    #21596

Hi All,

So, here’s the situation: right now, three other people have shown interest in a trip out to Nick’s in Forest Hills. One of them is in Iowa. And I’m realizing that there’s no way I can make the trip out to Queens tomorrow.

I’d like to propose that we still meet tomorrow, but that we get together in a more centrally located pizzeria. To be honest, for this visit I care more about just getting together and eating some good pizza than trekking out to someplace we haven’t yet been.

So, I’d like to propose that we meet at Lombardi’s ( http://bit.ly/dQb41V ) at 6:15pm tomorrow. It was the site of the first CUNYPie gathering, but most of our members haven’t been there together. Who’s in?

#21597
    Diana Rickard
    Participant

I would like to join you guys today, but I have to be at work till 7. How late do you usually stay till?

#21598

I can’t make it either now. Leading a workshop.

#21599
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Unfortunately, I have an ePortfolio meeting at that time. However, we will be eating pizza in observance of CUNYPie!!

#21600

Hi All,

I’m thinking that if no one else can actually make this, we should cancel it and just shoot for a May meeting. We can all eat pizza privately in penance.

But I’m still open to going if others can make it — and even open to delaying it until 7 if more than one other person can show.

Any takers?

Matt