Public Group active 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Computing Integrated Teacher Education is a four-year initiative to support CUNY faculty at all ranks to integrate state standards aligned computing content and pedagogy into required education courses, field work and student teaching. Supported by public funding from the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) Computer Science for All (CS4All) program and private funding from the Robin Hood Learning + Technology Fund, the initiative will focus on building on and complementing the success of NYCDOE CS4All and pilots to integrate computational thinking at Queens College, Hunter College and Hostos Community College.

The initiative focuses on:
– Supporting institutional change in teacher education programs
– Building faculty computing pedagogical content knowledge through the lens of culturally response-sustaining education
– Supporting faculty research in equitable computing education, inclusive STEM pedagogies, and effects on their students’ instructional practices

General CITE Summer 2023 Q and A

Viewing 4 replies - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Thanks for the feedback on these resources! We are always looking to deepen our critical eyes and resources around them.

Another spot you might share this critique is as a comment directly under that resource link on the Module 8 padlet here: https://cuny.padlet.org/aankitpatel1/critical-stances-on-computing-technologies-j5azj6f0x4lohqph

Others will likely benefit from reading more about this point as they peruse the resources!

With apologies that I am a little behind on my homework, I’m having trouble completing all parts of Module 7. I’ve created an account on the Teacher Moments site, but I am not seeing all of the same steps described in the instructions document. I’m not getting the option to agree to the consent agreement and see the attached screenshot instead. Is this because I’m late? If it is possible to re-open, I will be happy to complete this section. (Sorry! Both of my kids are graduating this week and next and my life is a little upside down.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

No worries! It looks like you are in the correct spot, Kirsten! Usually if you scroll under that yellow box, you should see a yes / no button. Click what your preference is and it should begin the scenario. On Monday, we have a tech help session from 10-11:30 if you continue to have issues (see here). Or you can email us to schedule something.

SV

Thanks, Sara. I logged in again and this time it worked. I really and truly scrolled all over the page before and the consent button never appeared. It didn’t give me any place to enter the module. But of course now it worked! Just like our office copier. It only works after I’ve told someone I think it’s broken. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.