Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 week, 2 days ago

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 0 – Hunter

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #140003

Happy summer everyone!

My name is Jennifer Gillespie and I work at Hunter College and City College as a professor and supervisor for Early Childhood Education and Special Education. Teaching remotely in 2020/2021 was a bit of a crash course in digital teaching tools and I’m looking forward to diving deeper this summer. I’m hoping to use these tools to create an artifact to support teacher candidates in using technology to improve their use of a data informed instruction cycle.

Excited to learn from you all, as well!

Best,

Jennifer

#140135

Hellerrrr 🙂

I’m Beatrice (she/her), adjunct lecturer with the TESOL Masters program (and proud alum of the same!).  I was impressed by CODAP – I played around with the 2010 Census info and learned a lot about the diversity (*cough* lack thereof) of my home “county” in the state of Indiana and felt that much more grateful that Brooklyn is and has been home since I moved here permanently when I was 19.

#140138

Hello, I am Dominika McPartland, I am an adjunct lecturer in a TESOL department. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about tools that can support our teachers in developing fun and engaging lessons.

#140195

Hola!

I’m Maite Sánchez (she, her, ella), and I’m an assistant professor of bilingual education at Hunter College’s School of Education.

I’ve used Commons as a participant for in a couple of courses and projects but I’ve used it much. I use Padlet and Jamboard in my classes and I found them easy to use and very helpful, and I’ve been wanting to use FlipGrid; I look forward to learning this and other tools.

#140468

Im Sean Turner (He, Him, His) – I am an Adjunct Professor in Special Education – and teach a wide range of courses. I am excited about all the digital tools – explored so far – some of which I have used a lot (Padlet/Scratch) and others (particularly around the data) I am looking to learn more or ways to integrate into the courses I work with.

#140732

Hi Everyone,
    My apologies for posting so late! I am an Associate Professor of TESOL. I teach courses a range of courses, but my staples are: Literacy and Technology, Instructed Second Language Acquisition, Teaching Reading and Writing to Adult Languages Learners and Technology in the Early Education classroom.

CODAP was a new tool for me. I am currently playing with it to see if I can make a map of where new TESOL admits are from or where they have lived. I usually have my students in first classes pin places they have lived.

Excited to learn with you this summer, despite my late start!

(One thing I do not like about this forum is I want to be able to delete the file I mistakenly attached).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #140744

Hello Everyone,

My name is Daniela Tîrnovan. Excited to be here. My pronouns are she/her

I have used Flipgrid before with my students, and I am excited to learn about more tools we can integrate into our teaching.

#141091

Hello everyone,

My name is Eugenia, but I go by Debbie (she/her). I’m an adjunct lecturer in the TESOL dept., and I also run the two adult literacy programs connected with our TESOL department.

Looking forward to using all the tech tools we’ll be exploring this summer and passing along this knowledge to the graduate students I work with. I’m only familiar with PADLET, so this should be interesting.