Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 0 – Queens College

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #139127
    1. Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
    #139494

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jackie Darvin, and I am a Professor and Program Director of Secondary Literacy Education at Queens College. My pronouns are she/her. I am excited about this summer work and becoming acquainted with the Commons and tools. I use Padlet and FlipGrid in my graduate courses and am looking forward to learning about other online applications and tools with which I am less familiar!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #139755

Hello everyone!

My name is Grace Pai, and I’m an Assistant Professor in the Elementary and Early Childhood Education department at Queens College. My preferred pronouns are she/her. I enjoyed tinkering with the tools, a lot of which I’ve used in my own teaching as well as training fellow faculty on conducting virtual exchanges. I’m looking forward to learning other tools like CODAP and Scratch which I know nothing about. It’s going to be a fun summer!

#139864

Hello Everyone,

I am an Adjunct Assistant Professor teaching Psychology courses in the Behavioral Sciences Department and Education courses in the Education Program at Kingsborough Community College. I tinkered a bit, particularly with Scratch.  There are so many possibilities.  I am looking forward to learning more about the tools that were introduced in the module.

#139960

Hi everyone:  My name is Michael Perrone and I am a Clinical Professor in the Elementary and Early Education Department at Queens College.  My preferred pronouns are he/him. I enjoyed playing around with the different tools, some of which I have used in my teaching (e.

#139961

Oops…I hit ‘submit’ too soon)

Hi everyone:  My name is Michael Perrone and I am a Clinical Professor in the Elementary and Early Education Department at Queens College.  My preferred pronouns are he/him. I enjoyed playing around with the different tools, some of which I have used in my teaching (e.g. Padlet) and some of which I have not previously used. I am looking forward to learning much more this summer!  Michael

#139966

Hi Everyone! My name is Kate Menken and my preferred pronouns are she/her/hers. I am a Professor of Linguistics and TESOL (teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at Queens College and a Research Fellow at the Research Institute for the Study of Language in an Urban Society of the CUNY Graduate Center. I like the open access element of the CUNY Academic Commons, and have found it to be a great resource, but feel like I have a limited understanding of all of the potential uses of the commons.

#140037

Hi all! My name is Chris Wagner and I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Elementary and Early Childhood Education at Queens College. My preferred pronouns are he/him or they/them. I am new to the Commons, but I’ve heard others talk about it so I’m curious to explore its functionality. I’ve used some of the tools from the module in limited ways, including Flipgrid and Scratch. Flipgrid was a tool I tinkered and experimented with when we went online during the pandemic, and then used in a research study as a way of collecting participant reflections. Scratch is a tool I’ve used with graduate students to explore alternate ways for children to author stories. I know many PK-12 teachers who use Padlet in their classrooms (though I am very new to it), so I am also curious about what it offers and why others use it.

#140963
    Anna Malyukova
    Participant

Hello, everyone.

My name is Anna Malyukova (she/her/hers) and I am ​Doctoral Lecturer, EECE, Queens College/CUNY. This is my second summer with CITE. Last year I learned how to connect literacy to some simple elements of CT. This year I am looking forward to learning new things. I am a big fan of Padlet and Scratch. Commons is a nice option for CITE!

Attachments: