Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 week, 2 days ago

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 0 – York

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #139129

Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
    #139890

My name is Regina Misir, (she/her). I am an adjunct lecturer at York College, Department of Teacher Education. My thoughts about the “Commons” and other tools that I explored so far is that there is still so much to learn. However, I do see that the end goal will be productive and will enhance my ability to infuse technology into my course which will in turn benefit my students.

#140066

Hello York colleagues! My name is Casandra Silva Sibilin and I’ve been lecturer at York, Department of History, Philosophy, and Anthropology after several years now, following ten years as an adjunct lecturer. My preferred pronouns are she/her/hers.

I first learned about the Commons last year through a Baruch open-source digital tools workshop and experimented with setting up sites, but I’m at a very early stage. I thought of it more as a site for displaying information and hadn’t thought about it as a place for more interactive discussions like this. So far I’ve displayed some student work on Commons but would like to help students navigate it on their own and possibly use for online discussions and also help them set up their own groups & pages.

Here are my Common sites as of now if anyone’s curious 🙂

#140067
    #140381

I am Leslie Keiler (she/her), Professor and Chair of the Department of Teacher Education at York College.

I enjoyed tinkering with CODAP and think it might be a user friendly option for our candidates and their students to engage with data analysis. Many of my students struggles with Excel or Google Sheets in class this spring, meaning that the technology got in the way of their thinking about the data. If they can create graphs in a less stressful way, they can get to analyzing what they mean more efficiently.

#141012

Hello,

My name is Dr. Natasha Cox-Magno.  I am from York College.  I have heard about flip grid, but I never learned to use it.  In this module, I learned to use flip grid and see the possibilities of implementing it as a choice for my class.