This document explains how to setup the DH Box platform for the scikit-learn machine learning package’s exercise.
- Connect to http://dhbox.org/ and sign up for 24 hours or more.
- Log in.
- Try clicking on the second-topmost tabs: Home, File Manager, etc.
- We will only use the Command Line in this case
- Log in using the command line.
- Click on the Command Line tab
- Enter your username, and then your password
- In this document, we will not bother familiarizing ourselves with linux commands. Type the following command and press enter:
- pip is the package manager for python; pip3 is used for python 3, which we will use here. you will often use it to install additional components for python.
- The above command will throw an error so we need to work around it. See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27711184/why-is-pip-raising-an-assertionerror-on-pip-freeze
- Let’s type in this command:
pip3 install setuptools==7.0 --user
- Then type the following command and press enter:
pip3 install scikit-learn --user
- This will take a while, and if everything goes well you will see something like this:
Successfully installed scikit-learn
- Just to be sure, let’s run this again:
- Now we should see scikit-learn in the list. That’s it!
- Great! Now we can start working with python and scikit-learn. Run:
- Head over to the of the scikit-learn tutorial and follow along.