WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year, 1 month ago

Cincopa reached traffic quota

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #14435
    Rowena Li
    Member

I used Cincopa to embed images and also flash videos. But after 9 days, it says I reached monthly traffic quota. I checked the traffic quota page, we only have 0.2GB/month. I just want to confirm this is right before I upgrade it.

blog: http://gslis751.commons.gc.cuny.edu

#22505

Hi Rowena,

I’m not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking whether that amount of traffic in nine days is realistic, or are you asking about the Cincopa’s terms of use? If the former, I suppose that’s possible if the files are big and many students are watching them repeatedly. If the latter, I don’t think that the Commons itself has an account with Cincopa, so I couldn’t say.

Have you explored other hosting options, like Vimeo?

Also, how are you embedding the files in your blog? Are you using a specific plugin to embed them?

Best,

Matt

#22506
    Rowena Li
    Member

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. Cincopa is a plugin on our commons. I just activated it and upload files to their site. There is an icon on the edit tool bar on my blog for a post or a page to embed the folder, so that the images or flash videos will show up on a page or a post. But I guess the commons just downloaded the plugin and it is up to me to upgrade to a pro account.

I will try Flickr and Vimeo plugins, then. We have these plugins downloaded in the commons.

Thanks.

Rowena