RUG — R User’s Group

Public Group active 1 hour, 55 minutes ago

RUG — R User’s Group

Group logo of RUG — R User’s Group

We now have a Slack workspace!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #89435
    Connor M French
    Participant

Howdy y’all,

The R User Group (RUG) created a Slack channel! Our aim is to make discussion about technical topics and short communications more accessible among our members in between RUG meetings. This will be a space for members to get help with R problems (errors, understanding output, how to do a task, etc.) and discuss R-adjacent topics (e.g. “What do y’all think of this new package?!”, “I wish R had a meme generator”*). The RUG facilitators will frequent the Slack group and answer questions when possible but we see this as a space for community discussion, rather than a virtual help desk with us. We encourage folks to answer each other’s questions- especially if you’re new to R, as this is a great way to learn! Conversation on Slack should conform to the GC policies on technology use and should remain on topic. We’ll remove any discussion that is unproductive or off topic. Official updates and RUG news will be disseminated through the Commons.

How to join: If you have a @gradcenter.cuny.edu or @gc.cuny.edu email address, you can join the GCDI Slack workspace here. If you do not, a member or administrator has to invite you. If you know another RUG member on the slack group, see if they can invite you, or let us know at the next RUG meeting and we can invite you. For more info on joining Slack workspaces, see here.

Looking forward to Slacking with y’all!

Sincerely,

Connor and Di

p.s. *There is a package for making memes in R- https://github.com/sctyner/memer

#99091
    Elena Abou Mrad
    Participant

Hello, could you please send me a link to join the Slack workspace? I use my personal email for Slack. I attended the Intro to R workshop last week 🙂

#99121
    Connor M French
    Participant

Hi Elena,

Just sent you a personal message with the link!

Best,

Connor

#102193
    Jordan Wylie
    Participant

Hello!

Would you mind sending me a link as well? For whatever reason, it just won’t work with my grad center email when I try to sign up as I usually do. I’m hoping a link will bypass whatever is going wrong!!

Thank you!!

#102194
    Connor M French
    Participant

Hi Jordan,

A few other people have had a similar problem for some reason. Here’s a link!

https://join.slack.com/t/cuny-rug/shared_invite/zt-iqvcee5j-c7uLrBp8IxRlm5mvyq0OTw

Best,

Connor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message