Data Visualization

Public Group active 1 year, 1 month ago

POST YOUR BLOGS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #80228
    Shay Culpepper
    Participant

Since Professor McSweeney was so excited by all of our visualizations, I really want to see everyone’s! If you are so inclined, post a link to your blog. 🙂

#80229
    Shay Culpepper
    Participant

Just saw the email for this forum. Sorry for the all caps — made it hella aggressive. Just excited about your work!

#80230

Hi Shay,

Thank you for your interest in my, and everyone’s, recent data viz blog post. I wanted to walk around and look at everyone’s after our group’s critiques, but they were already being taken down. I have attached the blog page of my data viz website here. Also, I have placed a static image of my data viz below because I don’t like how it is formatted when linked to a page. All critiques are greatly appreciated. Thanks, again, and enjoy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #80315

Hi Shay, thanks for posting this request.  Great idea.

Christofer, I enjoyed your viz – loved the single color story and the photo of your dad as a boy.

Here is a link to my blog post.  My viz has two tabs in the story and i’m not sure why the default starts on the 2nd tab.  So if you pop over there, click on the ‘intro’ tab then back to the ‘observations’ tab.  thanks!

https://pfleischer.commons.gc.cuny.edu/posts/

#80337

Hi all,

Here’s my “What can the cops learn about me from my phone?” post.

Excited to see yours.

Shay, I think you definitely need to share!! 😀

Annalisa

#80349
    Shay Culpepper
    Participant

Ha! Whoops! Here is mine

#80351
    Shay Culpepper
    Participant

These are so fun and interesting!

Christofer – I agree with Paula that the monochromatic palette works really nicely.

Paula – I never would have thought to document tourist selfies. So clever! I like your use of icons in your bar charts as well

Annalisa – Thank you for making me even more paranoid than I already was. I am really inspired by your use of annotations to add context to your data.  I laughed out loud when I saw,”Does this implicate me?” Have you ever seen this article about tracking?

#80412

Shay- Good work on getting the linked selections to display like in your shoe viz.

Re:article – I never use location services, but when that article came out I used it to make the argument to all of my friends about why they shouldn’t grant location access to their apps.

For everyone: if you are a google maps user with location services turned on you should check out your activity at myactivity.google.com. If you look at your location services activity it will show a map of where they have tracked you over time. You can also delete the data.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.