Public Group active 1 year, 7 months ago

CUNY Pie

A group of CUNYites who love pizza. Pizza of the month excursions, with write-ups on the CUNY Pie blog . Please join us!

Admins:

Moderators:

CUNY Pie @ the CUNY IT Conference?

• Hi everyone,

Are there any plans for a CUNY Pie outing after the CUNY IT Conference tomorrow or Friday? I sadly had to miss the earlier trips this semester and am definitely up for some pizza + beverages + conversation.

Best,
    Maura

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The only reasonably good pizza I know of in the area is Angelo’s, where we went two years ago.Any other suggestions? I don’t think I can go tomorrow, but Friday sounds good! jrr

So I’ve been looking for a place to go, and have cobbled together these few options:

Apparently, Oprah and Gayle voted Mariella Pizza, on 8th at 57th, as the best pizza in NYC. I don’t believe that could be true, but perhaps that’s a challenge we should accept. It appears to be a greasy-slicery rather than a pie-only pizzeria.

Angelo’s, on 57th between 6th and 7th, was were we went two years ago. It has good brick-oven pizza, but not life-changing, must-go-back pizza.

John’s has an outpost on 44th and 8th. It’s in a huge old church with a beautiful stain-glass ceiling, but it’s not the same as going to John’s in the Village. Just saying.

An Italian restaurant with a wood-burning pizza oven called Bricco also came up. It’s not a pizzeria per se, but it is nearby, on 56th between 8th and 9th.

Any better options? Should we aim to relocate? Or do we want to reengage with the idea that we could serve the individual CUNY campus communities dentify where to go to enjoy pizza in the neighborhood?

jrr

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.