Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 0 – Lehman

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #139124

Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
    #139849

Greetings. I am Alison Lehner-Quam (she/her/hers), education librarian and assistant professor at Lehman College. I joined the Commons many years ago for some collaborative projects, but I haven’t been active for quite some time. I am looking forward to revitalizing my Commons experience and to engaging with colleagues through CITE. I like using Jamboard and Padlet as collaborative tools, but feel that the Jamboards that I create look as dull as a yellow PostIt. Looking forward to learning more about Scratch.

#139866
    Stacy Katz
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m Stacy Katz (she/her/hers) and I’m an Associate Professor and Open Resources Librarian-STEM Liaison at Lehman College. I’ve helped faculty to create websites for their courses on the Commons, especially before we had access to Pressbooks and Manifold, which are both open publishing tools. I’ve used Jamboard, Flipgrid, and Padlet, but not the other tools listed. I also have a 2nd grader and 5th grader so I’m also familiar with how they use these tools (which often involves filters and music and all kinds of features that I tend to not notice!)

#139888

Hi everyone,
    My name is Atasi Das and I am an Assistant Professor in the Early Childhood and Childhood Education program at Lehman College.

I have used the Commons for several courses I’ve taught in the past. I am currently thinking about how to incorporate a grading system/assignment receptacle on this platform.

#139978

Hi everyone,

My name is Ameeta Persaud and I am the Director of Assessment, Accreditation & Compliance at Lehman College. This is my first time using CUNY Academic Commons. My 13 year old is excited and surprised that I will be learning about Scratch! 🙂 Looking forward to working with you all.

#140020

Hello everyone,

My name is Rabab Abi-Hanna (she/her/hers). I am an assistant professor in Mathematics education in Middle and High School Education Department. This is my first time using CUNY Academic Commons. I am familiar with Jamboard and Pallet, but I’m looking forward to learning scratch.

#140102
    Jayra
    Member

Hi, My name is Jayra Sanchez. I am an adjunct at Lehman and a proud CITE Vet. I loved exploring flip grid. I have actually used with my students before but do not think I’ve done a great job teaching them on all the features. Cuny Commons intimidates me but we shall get better.

#140194

I’m Nancy Dubetz (she/ela) from the Early Childhood and Childhood Education Department at Lehman. Enjoyed exploring some platforms new to me in Module 0 like Scratch, imgflip, codap, and Flip. Here’s my Scary Cat meme. It if works, I got something right. If not, well more to learn:https://imgflip.com/i/7o7cqi

#140204

Hello Everyone!

I am Iain Coggins with Middle and High School Education and LUTE STEM. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better here, but I’m more excited to meet you in person as we all move to close the door on pandemic!

#140354

Hi all,

I am Naliza Sadik (she/her), Technology, Teaching and Learning Manager for the School of Education at Lehman College. I am very familiar with the Commons, Padlet, Jamboard and Excel since I have use these in the past. Very excited to explore Flipgrid, Scratch and CODAP in more details. Looking forward to amazing summer of learning!

#140441

Hi Everyone!

I’m Jen Ochoa, and I’m a long time adjunct in MHSE! I’ve been using Jamboard in my Lehman classes, but look forward to moving it into one of our main discussion platforms. I’ve used Flipgrid with the middle school students I teach in my day job as a 7th and 8th grade ELA teacher with the DOE, but I’m really looking forward to using it in my Lehman classes. I’ve been wanting to try padlet, as well. I opened Scratch, it scared me and I closed it LOL! So, I’m looking forward to pushing my comfort zones…it def. feels outside my ZPD!  But I’m mostly looking forward to meeting and working with all of you!

#140505

Hi Everyone! I am Meagan, a lecturer in the Special Ed Department. I have used a lot of the platforms mentioned. My children are aged 7 & 9 and both are die hard robotics clubs kids, and both use scratch, and have tried to teach my 3 year old to use Scratch Jr, but I haven’t tried it yet! I think I really want to use Scratch with my Lehman students as a way for them to present on their learning! I think I may have used codap in a 7-12 science PD to analyze city data. I honestly want to consider using the commons more for my own classes. And I do have some questions about it! Excited to work with you all!

#140610

Hola, I am Yasmin, an Assistant Professor in the Early Childhood/Childhood Education department. I’ve mostly used JamBoard with my students. I would like to use CUNY Commons more purposefully. In exploring some of the other resources, I really enjoyed Padlet and I want to learn more about Flipgrid. Looking forward to my brain exploding with all this technology!

#140666

Hi everyone, I’m Andrea, an associate professor in the Department of Early Childhood and Childhood Education. I primarily teach art education. I am totally new to all of this and eager to learn. I’m interested in Scratch and Flipgrid.