Blog Post 1

Access: LimitedShow Details
  • This Doc can be read by: Anyone
  • This Doc can be edited by: The Doc author only
  • Comments are visible to: Anyone
  • Comments can be posted by: Logged-in Users
  • History can be viewed by: Anyone
Hide Details

http://www.hardrainproject.com/hrpl?n=9895

one image in specific that has spoken to me with no text or audio but with the photograph it captured is one about the amazon rain forest (posted in link above)and a road dividing the remaining forest and on the other side of the road we have huge plot of land with no trees or grass or plants or any sign of life, just traces of typical careless human doings to the earth, all for self interests, all for money, all for power, all for greed. wherever i am, if i see that image it speaks hard to me, it brings many emotions to me, especially because it is the land of my people, my ancestors and it is being destroyed for negotiations, for business, for some cash in big companies wallets. this definitely is something about what Berger talks about, he speaks about how you can see so much more to one single picture you can see the story and make so much of one image, and also he speaks about being able to view it firsthand and through for example on a phone and it can be different experiences and i agree, the image i saw shocks me, but perhaps actually being in the scene of the photograph might ignite a different experience and thought/emotions.