EAS 217 F20

Public Group active 2 years, 11 months ago

Submerged marine festival ( plastic)

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #98659
    Antony De La Cruz
    Participant

I agree with Hillary, education is the single most important aspect when it comes to the change in behavior that we are seeking. As she mentioned, it starts with the awareness that the general population lacks; not to mention the accelerated, short term, convenience seeking lifestyle that we have gotten used to. Regardless of these challenges, I would not consider these programs a “colossal failure”: There are designated days to pick up different recycling and trash items where I live (Manhattan). I see how both single and multiple families properties within my area are following procedure. More people are bringing their own bags to grocery shop, and using reusable water bottles. In some areas the city has dumpsters that classifies waste. We must accept, they’re far from perfect, and need to be evaluated and improved, as you suggest. But we’re getting there. 🙂

#98662
    Saif Ali Khan
    Participant

I agree in that taking the “easy way” or most convenient way isn’t always the best course of action. Past generations due to industrialization thought the same way as Josue Criollo did in that they did whatever necessary to manufacture large quantities of products in a short amount of time, and flash forward to present day—here we are trying to fix what could have been avoided if only we knew the consequence. So let’s not recreate past mistakes and take care if the environment by moving towards environmentally friendly items that is biodegradable so future generations can enjoy oceans full of life, instead of oceans full of garbage.

Look forward to working and learning from you all.