Digital Humanities Initiative

Public Group active 3 days, 3 hours ago

Call for graduate student presenters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #37177
    Chris Alen Sula
    Participant

I am seeking graduate students working on digital humanities projects to participate in a panel on “DH in the Disciplines” at Pratt Institute School of Information & Library Science (14th Street between 6th and 7th Aves). Participants should be available any time between 3-6pm on Tuesday, February 3 to give a 15-20 minute presentation on their DH work, its methods, and how it relates to their discipline.

Please contact me at csula@pratt.edu if you are interested and available to participate.

All best,

Chris

Chris Alen Sula, Ph.D.
    Assistant Professor
    Pratt Institute, School of Information & Library Science
    144 West 14th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10011–7301
    http://chrisalensula.org / csula@pratt.edu / @chrisalensula / 212.647.7377

#37209
    Chris Alen Sula
    Participant

Dear CUNY DHers,

I hope everyone is off to a good semester!

I’m still seeking presenters to discuss their DH projects and how it relates to their discipline(s). This is a great opportunity for students to give a short (15 minute) talk on work in progress and add to their CVs and presentation experience. The audience will be library & information science graduate students and faculty, mostly students in my Digital Humanities course this semester.

Because of cancellations this week, we have moved the panel to Tues, Feb 17 from 4:30/5 – 6pm (start time depends on how many presenters we have). If you are available and interested, please send me a short note about your work (csula@pratt.edu).

All best,

Chris

#37210
    Bob Kosovsky
    Participant

This would be a great idea for NYCDH – I’m sure students from the various schools (and those curious) would be interested in meeting together.