CAT Eportfolio Subcommittee Report

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #17423

SAVE THE DATE! CIRCULATE THE INVITATION!

The Eportfolio Subcommittee met right before Thanksgiving, on November 25, to discuss 2014 plans for the Eportfolio and Academic Technology (unconference) Symposium. We are now moving into second gear in our planning for the symposium, which will be held at Macaulay Honors College on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. All members of CAT and all 2013 CUNY Eportfolio participants will receive an invitation to register; these will be emailed on Monday, February 3, 2014. Registrations are limited to 75 people.

Other interested colleagues may apply for an invitation by completing the application linked below. Please help us widen our reach by circulating the application link to anyone on your campus (or on another campus) who has a serious interest in eportfolios or related academic technology issues. The symposium features informative collegial exchanges in small groups, break-out sessions, a “show and tell” plus terrific food: breakfast, lunch and late afternoon tea and cookies.
    The application link: http://macaulay.cuny.edu/community/eportfolio-symposium/

Many of you were at the CUNY IT Conference, which featured a host of exciting and informative presentations related to eportfolio pedagogy, including a small breakfast on Thursday morning sponsored by Jeff Yan and Kelly Driscoll at Digication. Bloggers are encouraged to comment on issues raised and on issues they hope to see addressed at the symposium. As we move closer to date, we will request input in order to generate a list of possible topics. Final decisions about topical headings, as those of you who attended last year know, are decided by the participants in the first hour (during breakfast) through a “voting” process.

Our next meeting will be held via GoToMeeting on December 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM. Committee members are also invited to communicate on the Academic Commons regarding topics they hope to see included at the symposium.
    1. Please join my meeting.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/783590653
    2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
    Dial +1 (636) 277-0130
    Access Code: 783-590-653
    Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
    Meeting ID: 783-590-653

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

All good wishes to everyone for a great holiday season.
    Barbara

#30257

Am I in the wrong place for the meeting? I’m on hold as the only attendee.
    Best,
    Jody R. Rosen

#30258

Hi Jody,
    I did not hear from anyone regarding plans to attend. At least one person always contacts me. But I’m very sorry if you were inconvenienced and especially because I was in my office and could have easily switched over as “available”. For our next meeting, I will post a phone contact as well so that single attendees can phone I and request specifically that folks RSVP..
    Thanks for the good intentions and enjoy the holidays.
    Barbara