Public Group active 1 year, 4 months ago

WordPress HELP!!

This group is for neophytes to WordPress who are trying to use it as a Bbd alternative and have questions that “everyone knows” the answers to already. Except those who don’t. Quick answers to specific questions is what I envision here, so we can set up our courses without spending hours trying to find out a simple answer. Of course, we NEED EXPERTS in the group to actually answer the questions. All experts and neophytes please join this group!!

Admins:

Changing font sizes on Q and A plugin

• Hello all,

I have a small aesthetic quibble and am wondering if someone knows the solution for it. I used the Q and A plugin to set up a ‘frequently asked writing-related questions’ list here (http://bacwritingfellows.commons.gc.cuny.edu/for-students/faqs/). As you can see, the titles of the questions are rather large and make the list look clumsy. Is there a way to make the font size of the titles a little smaller and to insert a space between each question, so that overall it looks neater?

Thank you for your help!

Ria

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi Ria – I think you can make the FAQ look a little better with some custom CSS. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance>>Custom User CSS and type in:

.qa-faq-title {
    font-size:14px;
    }

You can play around with the font-size to get it the way you want. I think once the font size is right, you probably won’t need to add space between the questions, but if you do, we can also add some padding.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Scott! This worked like a charm.

Hi Scott and all,
    I ran into yet another question/problem: I added “Categories” in the Q and A plugin and the fonts are abnormally large, again.

I added the following to the Custom User CSS, with no luck/unchanged font size:

.qa-faq-catname {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

Would someone be able to tell me what’s wrong with this and point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Hi Ria – it was a really good guess, but the authors of the plugin changed naming conventions a little. This should work:

.faq-catname {
    font-size:16px;
    }

As before – you can change font-size as needed. Let us know if this doesn’t work.

A-ha, stumped again! But thank you very much, it worked just as it should and the page looks much better now.