WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year ago

Changing font sizes on Q and A plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #16979
    ria banerjee
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a small aesthetic quibble and am wondering if someone knows the solution for it. I used the Q and A plugin to set up a ‘frequently asked writing-related questions’ list here (http://bacwritingfellows.commons.gc.cuny.edu/for-students/faqs/). As you can see, the titles of the questions are rather large and make the list look clumsy. Is there a way to make the font size of the titles a little smaller and to insert a space between each question, so that overall it looks neater?

Thank you for your help!

Ria

#29364

Hi Ria – I think you can make the FAQ look a little better with some custom CSS. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance>>Custom User CSS and type in:

.qa-faq-title {
    font-size:14px;
    }

You can play around with the font-size to get it the way you want. I think once the font size is right, you probably won’t need to add space between the questions, but if you do, we can also add some padding.
    Hope this helps.

#29365
    ria banerjee
    Participant

Thank you very much, Scott! This worked like a charm.

#29366
    ria banerjee
    Participant

Hi Scott and all,
    I ran into yet another question/problem: I added “Categories” in the Q and A plugin and the fonts are abnormally large, again.

I added the following to the Custom User CSS, with no luck/unchanged font size:

.qa-faq-catname {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

Would someone be able to tell me what’s wrong with this and point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

#29367

Hi Ria – it was a really good guess, but the authors of the plugin changed naming conventions a little. This should work:

.faq-catname {
    font-size:16px;
    }

As before – you can change font-size as needed. Let us know if this doesn’t work.

#29368
    ria banerjee
    Participant

A-ha, stumped again! But thank you very much, it worked just as it should and the page looks much better now.