Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 0 – BCC Bronx Community College

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #139117

Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
    #139867
    Minkyung Choi
    Participant

Hi, I’m Min (she/her), and I’m an Assistant Professor in Education and Academic Literacy at Bronx CC. I’ve used the Commons for WAC before, but very minimally. I just tried flipgrid for the first time, which was a bit intimidating, and I’m pretty familiar with jamboard. I have a 7 year old who loves Scratch, so I’ve seen him use it, but I haven’t used it myself. At conferences, I’ve participated in using padlet, but I have not tried to use it myself in classes. Hoping to become familiar with these programs!

#139886

Greetings, I’m Monique (she/her/hers/ella), I’m an Associate Professor of Psychology within the Social Sciences department at BCC. I’ve used the Commons, briefly, years ago with CUNY FFPP. I routinely use FlipGrid, Jamboard, GoogleDocs, and Slides in my courses, presentations, and community organizing. I’ve dabbled with using Padlet.

Like Min, I’m stoked about using the Commons, other programs, and learning from this initiative.

#140105

Hi! My name is Propa. I’m an adjunct in the Education & Academic Literacy department at BCC. I’ve used the Commons once before for a world humanities class during undergrad at CCNY. I’m quite familiar with the other digital tools Padlet, Jamboard, Flipgrid, etc; I’ve used them frequently during my time as a 4th grade public school teacher, remotely and in-person. They were a requirement to be used at the after school program I worked at too! I’ve used Padlet, Mentimeter, Jamboard in the courses I teach now. The one I’m not familiar with is CODAP, which I hope to explore!

#140112

Hi, I’m Carlos, and I’m a Lecturer at the Bio Department. I gave a try to the Commons to house a course site, and then I decided to use ePortfolio, but this was yeeeears ago. I’m excited to see how much it has grown its capabilities! I’ve checked Flipgrid out before but never used it. I used Padlet for broadcasting content, and used it for showcase students reports during the early times of the pandemic. Looking forward to learn more on new (to me) tool!

#140197
    Tonya Johnson
    Participant

Hi, I’m Tonya.  I’m an Associate Professor in Education & Academic Literacy Department. I have not used Commons at all.  This is my very first time.  I am familiar with  a few digital tools Jamboard, Padlet and Flipgrid.  I’ve used them in my online classroom during the pandemic as well as my current Hyflex class.

#141424

Hi,

I’m Elise Langan in the Education Dept. @ BCC. I’m not the most tech savvy person (fortunately, I have friends who are) but hope to become familiar with (among others) Padlet since I think it could be very useful in my classes.

#141684
    Jordi Getman Eraso
    Participant

Hola! I’m Jordi Getman-Eraso and happy to be here with all my Bronx family. I’m really excited about stretching our academic minds and finding paths to helping our youth learn and expand their minds so that they can escape the limits imposed on them for way too long. They are our future, so why not help them take us to a better world?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.