EAS 10600 #M Group A

Public Group active 3 years, 1 month ago

Lab 1: Introductions Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #107428
    Francesca Lingo
    Participant

Welcome to EAS 106: Fundamentals of Earth System Science! 

Before we get started with the course it’s important to get to know the members of your lab group. You will create your post in the CUNY Academic Commons group to which you were invited by your lab instructor.

For your introductory post, please provide the following information:

1. Tell us your name, pronouns, and, if you have a nickname, let us know what you like to go by.
    2. Tell us what your major is, or what areas of study you are interested in pursuing.
    3. If you feel comfortable, tell us a little about where you are from and any hobbies that you enjoy.
    4. Tell us what you hope to get out of this class and how you hope it will help you in your future college courses.
    5. Share a photo or description of a geologic, hydrologic, or atmospheric feature, process, or environment that interests you. Tell us what you would like to learn about the topic you have chosen.

Once you have created your post, respond to at least two of your classmates in your group. See if there are others who have the same interests as you or who have posted something that you find interesting. Let’s all talk a little as we get started!

A word about Etiquette: 

When posting replies, please be considerate of your peers. The discussion is intended to promote a collaborative learning environment, so be careful of your tone and refrain from inappropriate language or personal attacks. You may challenge others if the intent is to facilitate growth, but do not demand, harass, or embarrass. Encourage others to develop and share their ideas.

This topic was also posted in: EAS 10600 #M Group B, EAS 10600 #M Group C, EAS 10600 #M Group D, EAS 10600 #M Group E, EAS 10600 #M Group F.
    #107444

Hi guys my name is Vince Mercado. I’m currently a senior as an Applied Math major. I’m also interested in computer science and have prior coding knowledge. I’m from Queens, NY and i enjoy watching basketball and anime. I also enjoy traveling with my dog. I hope to learn a lot more about different areas of the world and its environments. For example such as the Grand Canyon.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #107459
    Brian Rojas
    Participant

Hey hey hey!! I am Brian and I’m a warm-hearted, in love with life, always trying to laugh and have a good time person. I’m currently majoring in mechanical engineering looking to pursue a career in aviation or robotics. Last but not least a quote a live by is “if life gives you lemons… demands coconuts :D”

#107464
    Vasilios Kotsakis
    Participant

Greeting Collegues,

1. Vasilios Kotsakis
    2. Mechanical Engineering
    3. I am from Queens, NY and I enjoy long walks on the beach
    4. I hope to make some pals and expand on my knowledge of the Earth sciences
    5. I hope to learn more about ground water. We really on it heavily yet the only thing I know about it is that it comes from a well.

#107476

Queens, NY here too. I honestly think Queens has the best food

#107478
    Vasilios Kotsakis
    Participant

Brian what hs did you go to?

#107484
    Vasilios Kotsakis
    Participant

Awesome, the best burough by far (Flexing emoji)

#107487
    Dimos Pefanis
    Participant

Wassup guys,

My name is Dimo, and I’m also a Mechanical Engineering major. I’m hoping to pursue something in the automotive industry because I love working on cars. I’m from Long Island, NY. I hope to learn more about our home, the earth.

#107490
    Dimos Pefanis
    Participant

Queens represent. I’m always in Astoria as well!

#107491
    Dimos Pefanis
    Participant

#PositiveVibesOnly

#107492

Thats awesome I enjoy cars as well. Definitely look into Tesla!!

#107495
    Brian Rojas
    Participant

New Utrecht HS, hbu?

#107496
    Brian Rojas
    Participant

That’s right my guy

#107497
    Kamar Ledgister
    Participant

Hey guys!! I am Kamar I am currently pursuing Mechanical Engineering. I hope that will have some fun this semester because life is too short so live your life.

#107507
    Dimos Pefanis
    Participant

The new Tesla roadster that’s dropping is going to be crazy for sure. 0-60 in 1.9 sec