Public Group active 1 year ago

Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Class announcements and Discussion Forum

Admins:

Week 8 Assignments DUE 10/19

• Dear class-

My comments on your research questions are currently available in the ‘Grades’ section of Blackboard. 

Given that many of your questions may change/evolve over the course of the research process, it is no longer required that your question be approved by me before moving forward with this assignment. That said, you will still be evaluated on your ability to craft a strong research question. I have included the evaluation criteria below for your reference. See the full evaluation rubric on the assignment sheet HERE

Essay #2 Grade Weights

• Content – 30%
    • Development – 25%
    • Organization – 20%
    • Research Question – 10%
    • Style – 10%
    • Grammar & Mechanics – 5%

This week, you will identify a model essay to serve as your blueprint for Essay #2 and plan out how you will execute this assignment. Review the criteria for a model essay on the Introduction to Inquiry-Based Research Essay Presentation HERE. See additional details below. 

DUE OCT 19TH at 11:59PM

Review sample essays 

ESSAY #2 RESEARCH PROPOSAL DUE 

The proposal (500 – 750 words) should identify the specific, final research question that you determine based on your initial exploration/research. Your proposal should discuss the same ideas as the topic reflection but should be a more finely tuned presentation of the question your research will explore. You will need to include:

• Your research question with some context. What is it about this question that interests you? Why is it relevant to social justice or social action?
    • A timeline; by what point will you have completed research for secondary sources?
    • A description of your audience and the name of a publication and a model essay (with a URL) for which your essay might be appropriate.
    • A bibliography of the sources you have compiled so far.

Post your response to the COURSE BLOG on the Academic Commons and comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts. 

Additional Resources

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. You may respond directly to this thread or contact me separately via email. I will host office hours this Friday from 12:30pm-1:30pm and by appointment for those of you who would like to meet 1-on-1. 

Virtual Office Hours: F 12:30pm-1:30pm & by appointment

Zoom Link: https://ccny.zoom.us/j/92791225580 

Happy Writing!

Shamecca

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.