OER thoughts: textbooks and MyOpenMath

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #63133

Joshua Tan
    Participant

Hi!

I don’t know if this group intends to remain very active here or not, but I’d like to explore the option of moving forward with some OER projects.

In Fall II, the Natural Sciences Department piloted use of the Astronomy text from OpenStax. I wrote a review of the text and we’re trying to decide whether to implement it or not (there are pluses and minuses). Do we know what open textbooks are being used/have been used/are planning on being used? Is there a place to find out that information?

Additionally, I also use MyOpenMath platform for my homework management system. I would be interested in finding out whether there is a group possible to form to develop for this platform here at LaGuardia.

#63230

Steven Ovadia
    Participant

I made a paper where we can track some of this here: https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/papers/open-textbooks-at-laguardia-2/

I’m not sure it’s kept anywhere centrally, but I agree that it would be helpful information to have!

#63232

Joshua Tan
    Participant

Okay. I tried to edit the paper but found I was unable to for some reason. I added a comment instead.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message