Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hansen
    Participant

My name is Steven Hansen and I am a:
    •15+ year Security Professional
    •Current John Jay PMT Grad Student
    •Director of Security Operations at MTA Bridges and Tunnels

I want to join this project because I have an intense interest in unmanned technology. This is a personal interest from my youth of building radio-controlled race cars and also now a business interest as this technology has real and extremely beneficial business uses in my law enforcement environment. I have attended conferences (like AUVSI) to expand my knowledge on the topic and have been doing research and attending demonstrations on unmanned technology including underwater applications.

Technical Skills:
    •Video Experience (IP / Thermal)
    •Intrusion Detection Experience (Physical Sensors / Motion / Analytics)
    •Novice knowledge of 3D imaging / Lidar (More of an interest)

I bring to the table:
    •strong project management / leadership skills
    •expert background in physical and electronic security
    •grounded in policy and structure
    •intense desire to have this project be a success

My ideas for the project are numerous but focus on the possibilities of uses for the UAV, rather than the mechanical operations. Such options include: law enforcement applications, disaster recovery damage assessment, site inspections, etc…

I would like to be a significant part of the project, specifically in a leadership / strategic role which is my strength. I understand the time commitment and will put the time in needed as well as leverage my experience and network to make this project a success.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.