EAS 106 – Section C3 – Spring 2021 – Group 8

Group logo of EAS 106 - Section C3 - Spring 2021 - Group 8

Self_Introduction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dong Wen
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Dong Wen.

I am majoring in Architecture, and I like this major very much.

I am from China and my hobby is meditation. I spend at least one hour daily for meditation.

I hope to learn more about geology, and this course will help me to understand the site condition.

I love the pattern of the volcanic landscape showing above, and I am very interested in volcanos.

Thanks,

Dong

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello, my name is Kristoff Gomez. I am currently an undergraduate at City College, and I am working towards an Architecture major. I was born and raised in New York and my family is from Belize, Central America. I would say I am a hands on learner and I could say I am very creative. One subject I would like to look at during this semester is erosion. I have always been curious about why rock erodes over time due to air or water.

Dong Wen
    Participant

I am interested in erosion too!

Hey Dong Wen!

I’m also quite interested in meditation, however I haven’t meditated for a full hour all at once haha. I usually do shorter 15-20 minute meditations. I would be down to try for longer durations sometime.

I am also Chinese, I speak okay enough Cantonese and my parents are from Guangdong.

Looking forward to working with you!

Best,

Owen

Hey Kristoff!

It’s interesting that both of you are interested in architecture.

What types of buildings or structures are both of you interested in creating eventually?

Yeah erosion is a fascinating topic with a plethora of applications such as, relatedly, building erosion and methods to deter against it.

Here’s to a good semester!

Owen

Dong Wen
    Participant

Hi Owen,

So excited to hear your interests about meditation. I started practicing since lock down. Very helpful and extremely satisfying…

look forward to learn and work with you~

Best wishes,

Dong

Yeah I’d be down to meditate together virtually if you’re comfortable with that haha.

I’ve been practicing sporadically for over a year, so it’s interesting to see how my practice has evolved.

It’s really paradoxical and powerful to simply do nothing and be with the flow of your conscious and the thoughts that come with it.

Do you utilize guided meditations or simply just meditate by yourself?

Can’t wait to learn and work with you as well!

Owen

Nitay Eshed
    Participant

Hey Dong (and everyone else here),

Yeah, geology is super cool and volcanoes are fun.

I suppose it’s a theme in our group; I’m also into meditation but I don’t like active guides or anything. Just silence.

Good to meet you guys, looking forward to working together.

Hey Dong. I find it interesting you are also interested in the Architectural program. I heard it is extremely hard to enroll in it. However, I believe we can do it. Nothing is impossible in life.

Hey everyone. I heard you guys are interested in meditation. I never was really into it but, I feel you guys will really enjoy it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.