Public Group active 1 year, 5 months ago

Data Visualization

Collective space for students in Data Visualization and other interested parties

Admins:

JS / CSS / HTML

• Hi everyone!

A know many of you were interested in learning web technologies over your break.  When I was first learning web development, this was my best friend: https://www.freecodecamp.org/. The tutorials will run your code and check correctness for you. The lessons progress in bite sized increments.

This is my day job, so I know these well. I will be available for any of you who are having issues. Seriously. My phone # is 972.768.8829. If you are ever unsure why something isn’t working in a tutorial or in your code, take a picture and text it to me and I can do a check. Otherwise we can hop on a ten minute google hangout, you can share your screen, and I’ll help you debug. I can’t promise I’ll always be able to get back to you right away, but I will take a look. If we know everyone who is going to be doing these tutorials or teaching themselves, we could also do some group meetups, and everyone can help each other. A slack channel might be helpful, too. Same offer goes for next semester.

Good luck with all of your projects and Happy Thanksgiving!

Shay