Public Group active 1 year, 5 months ago

Data Visualization

Collective space for students in Data Visualization and other interested parties

Admins:

JS / CSS / HTML

• Hi everyone!

A know many of you were interested in learning web technologies over your break.  When I was first learning web development, this was my best friend: https://www.freecodecamp.org/. The tutorials will run your code and check correctness for you. The lessons progress in bite sized increments.

This is my day job, so I know these well. I will be available for any of you who are having issues. Seriously. My phone # is 972.768.8829. If you are ever unsure why something isn’t working in a tutorial or in your code, take a picture and text it to me and I can do a check. Otherwise we can hop on a ten minute google hangout, you can share your screen, and I’ll help you debug. I can’t promise I’ll always be able to get back to you right away, but I will take a look. If we know everyone who is going to be doing these tutorials or teaching themselves, we could also do some group meetups, and everyone can help each other. A slack channel might be helpful, too. Same offer goes for next semester.

Good luck with all of your projects and Happy Thanksgiving!

Shay

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.