CUNY CRAFTS!

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

Selling one’s wares

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Diana Rickard
    Participant

I recently opened up an Etsy shop that I’m very excited about (http://www.etsy.com/shop/dianabeads).

My concern is that the tape dispensers are rather expensive. However, given the money I spend on supplies and the amount of time it takes to make them, I am actually giving them away. I cannot in good conscience lower the prices.

My hope is that the Etsy community understands the time involved in handmade crafts projects, but any advice on how to communicate the value of these items would be greatly appreciated.

Also, looking forward to seeing more links to people’s work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i love your stuff diana! very cool!

i tried putting some of my crafts online up on ravelry but i never got more than one project up there. i love seeing works in progress. would also love to see what other people are making if they feel like sharing.

erika

Diana Rickard
    Participant

Erika, here’s a work in progress. It’s a small box I am beading for a friend’s mother. (not for Etsy). The glue is obviously still drying in this photo, but you can see it’s a mixture of blacks — matte, shiny, and iridescent – with pink and purple accents. I think the finished product will be quite nice, if I do say so myself…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@dianar ooh, love WiP shots! (i do this with my coloring pictures and am obsessed with cooking step-by-steps)….

thanks for sharing this Diana!

erika

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.