Public Group active 4 months ago

Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Computing Integrated Teacher Education is a four-year initiative to support CUNY faculty at all ranks to integrate state standards aligned computing content and pedagogy into required education courses, field work and student teaching. Supported by public funding from the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) Computer Science for All (CS4All) program and private funding from the Robin Hood Learning + Technology Fund, the initiative will focus on building on and complementing the success of NYCDOE CS4All and pilots to integrate computational thinking at Queens College, Hunter College and Hostos Community College.

The initiative focuses on:
– Supporting institutional change in teacher education programs
– Building faculty computing pedagogical content knowledge through the lens of culturally response-sustaining education
– Supporting faculty research in equitable computing education, inclusive STEM pedagogies, and effects on their students’ instructional practices

Module 0 – Medgar Evers

• Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi, my name is Juanita Crafton and I am the director of the childcare center at Medgar Evers College. I use the pronouns she/her to describe myself.  At first, it took me a minute or two to navigate through Commons, but I got the hang of it. I like the fact that I can print out the slides as pdf files. This makes it easier for me to understand and navigate the site with ease.  As a camera-shy person, I must say, I enjoyed exploring Flipgrid especially the different lens and gifs.

Hi, my name is Keshia James and I am the 3K lead teacher at the childcare center at Medgar Evers College. I use pronouns she/her to identify myself. It’s been some time since I’ve used the Commons for my graduate studies so it took me a while to get familiar. I enjoy making  and editing videos so Flipgrid was a fun new tool for me to explore. Looking forward to learning much more!

Good evening, I am Gelonia Dent (she/her), assistant professor of mathematics at Medgar Evers College. I have never used Commons, but I am familiar with posting to forums on Blackboard. I like Jamboard and hope we have permanent access to it; I will also enjoy learning how to use Flipgrid.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.