Public Group active 5 months ago

Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Computing Integrated Teacher Education is a four-year initiative to support CUNY faculty at all ranks to integrate state standards aligned computing content and pedagogy into required education courses, field work and student teaching. Supported by public funding from the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) Computer Science for All (CS4All) program and private funding from the Robin Hood Learning + Technology Fund, the initiative will focus on building on and complementing the success of NYCDOE CS4All and pilots to integrate computational thinking at Queens College, Hunter College and Hostos Community College.

The initiative focuses on:
– Supporting institutional change in teacher education programs
– Building faculty computing pedagogical content knowledge through the lens of culturally response-sustaining education
– Supporting faculty research in equitable computing education, inclusive STEM pedagogies, and effects on their students’ instructional practices

Module 0 – Kingsborough KCC

• Welcome to the discussion forum!

Reply to this message with:

• Your name, college, role(s), and the pronouns you use
    • Your thoughts about the Commons or any of the tools that you read about or played with in the module.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My name is Joanna (she/her) and I’m a Lecturer of Education. I also advise the Education Club, which is super fun. My thoughts about the Commons – It’s amazing to see how many interesting groups are on here!

Greetings! As a second-year CITE participant I am just taking a bit of a tour through the material to reacquaint myself before the summer starts. See you all soon! We have our KBCC Workshop on June 12! Linda

Hi!  It’s Delia – 2nd summer with the CITE project!  It’s good to return to the Commons to update my profile and reacquaint myself with the materials.  I’m reminded of the wealth of resources!

Saying a bit more now that I clicked on the links to tinker with the materials.

I tried Flipgrid and it was wonderful…but I couldn’t get it to save the video I created because the laptop I’m on has a task bar at the bottom that blocks things…Will figure this out! But it was easy and fun to make the video.

And – Codap looks amazing!  And it’s free.  Wow!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.