Group Admins

• Profile picture of Dr. Vak

1

Public Group active 1 week, 2 days ago

first group

Recent group activity

• Andy Bravo commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 1 day ago

From Descartes perspective, anything can be doubted and that makes it not true. If he can doubt the truth in any theory or concept then its validity will go down. That is why Descartes uses mathematics as an […]

• Randy Alcantara commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 1 day ago

Descartes’ reasoning behind his doubts towards mathematics rested on the premise that math can be deceiving because God is omnipotent thus possessing the ability to make two times two equals to five instead of […]

• Joseline Calle commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes doubts mathematics in the First Meditation. Descartes believed that something is true when it’s not doubtful, therefore if you have doubts then it is not true knowledge. We get our knowledge because o […]

• Yenibel peralta commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

“But what about math? If right now I dream in my mind a triangle would an idea/image of a triangle change after I wake up? It will not. It means that the certainty of my knowledge of math is not affected by my s […]

• Antoni commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

In Descartes’ first meditation, he is trying to search for something that cannot be doubted and he considers math. However, with the possibility of God existing then he is most surely omnipotent and the creator of […]

• Briana Calcano commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes’ goal was to find a solid foundation of truth. He looked into many factors, deciding all were false because they can be doubted. He objected senses as a truth, because what we see could be […]

• Michael reyes commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes states in the meditation “how do I know that I am not also deceived each time I add together two and three, or number the sides of a square, or form some judgement still more simple, if more simple […]

• akia mulgrave commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes task is to establish the objective truth. He belives nothing is certain once you have doubt, and its possible to doubt your senses because your own thoughts can be altered by your mind. Because of this […]

• jerry neciosupe commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

“The veracity of God and his deeds is certified by the Holy Scriptures, and we know that Holy Scriptures say the truth because it is dictated and approved by God, whose existence and deeds are demonstrated by H […]

• Tomiris Sanchez commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

In the first meditation Descartes want to find absolute truth, meaning he want to take the foundation of the mathematics belief and seek for absolute true. One most know something is truth when is not doubtful. […]

• Jaclynn baynes commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Well since God has deceived me before with things like the size of the sun “(…)how do I know that I am not also deceived each time I add together two and three(…).” Even though god is meant to be sup […]

• Marie Daphclallina Rosier commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes doubts mathematics in the first meditation because he believes that something it’s true when he knows that is a certain and true knowledge. And not having a perspective of doubt. In the first m […]

• Karina Lopez started the topic Weekly response #10 in the forum Group logo of 1Blog via email 1 week, 2 days ago

Blog response #10

This week’s assignment was to watch the movie “Her”. It is a movie that I’ve never seen before but I really enjoyed watching it. It conveyed more emotion than I was expecting, given the fact that the story was about a man falling in love with a computer operating system. It made me start to think about the relatio…[Read more]

• Alpha Jalloh commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 via email 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes believed that nothing can be can be a hundred percent true if one can doubt it. He speaks of how if there is a god then surely god created math and in his capacity of being god he is all powerful and he […]

• Claudio Tiburcio commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 2 days ago

Descartes seeks absolute truth, the truth meaning something that is certain and could be doubted. Their are a few reasons why Descartes doubts mathematics, one of which is he cannot rely on his senses because they […]

• Junhyeok Kim commented on the post, Responses, on the groupblog Group logo of 1phi100-1600 1 week, 3 days ago

Descartes desired to seek an absolute foundation in order to find the ultimate objective truth. If it’s possible to doubt something, it can’t be the absolute foundation for the objective truth. In terms of mat […]

• Briana Calcano joined the group Group logo of 11 1 month ago

• michael gutierrez joined the group Group logo of 11 1 month ago

• Andy Bravo joined the group Group logo of 11 1 month, 2 weeks ago

• Load More  
Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message