Three parenting types

Access: LimitedShow Details
  • This Doc can be read by: Anyone
  • This Doc can be edited by: The Doc author only
  • Comments are visible to: Anyone
  • Comments can be posted by: Logged-in Users
  • History can be viewed by: Anyone
Hide Details

There are a few differing parenting styles. I will be focusing on authoritarian. Authoritative and uninvolved. I have always believed only authoritative and authoritarian. But I discovered that the uninvolved style is real. At first glance, you might assume uninvolved is not as bad. Giving the child independence. But they require guidance.
My feelings on the issue are mixed. I do support giving a child a level of respect. But I find it can be difficult. The child might start seeing their parent beneath them. The parent needs to set a level of respect.
All three have similarities. Such as making sure a child behaves. But the child raised in the uninvolved style. Might feel neglected and unloved. Causing them to love others more difficult. The authoritarian method can cause a cycle. If the child was hit, they might do the same. That was the way they were brought up. And only way they know how to handle situations.
The Authoritative seems the most effective. Being a balance of lenient and strict. The parent gives them an amount of freedom. Making them independent. But not to the point they have no regards for others. And unlike the authoritarian they are not behaving. In fear of getting hit. They do it because they know what’s expected of them. They were raised with having rules set in place. Without the back thought of being punished.