Public Group active 1 year, 4 months ago

WordPress HELP!!

This group is for neophytes to WordPress who are trying to use it as a Bbd alternative and have questions that “everyone knows” the answers to already. Except those who don’t. Quick answers to specific questions is what I envision here, so we can set up our courses without spending hours trying to find out a simple answer. Of course, we NEED EXPERTS in the group to actually answer the questions. All experts and neophytes please join this group!!

Admins:

enrolling new users

• I’m trying to enroll users to our blog and keep getting a “this user does not exist on this network” message or the “that email address is unauthorized” one. The users are members of the Academic Commons. Many thanks in advance for help! Kandice

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Hi Kandice,

I’m sorry you are experiencing problems adding users to your blog (http://revolutionizingamericanstudies.commons.gc.cuny.edu/). I just did a little testing and it looks like you will need to add the CUNY email address associated with the member.

That being said, since you enabled the group blog for your Revolutionizing American Studies group, there is another way to go about adding users to the group blog.

To give your group members the ability to post to the group blog, go to your group and select the Admin panel on the left navigation area. Next, select “Group Blog” and check the box that says “Enable member blog posting.” Then just ask folks who you want to contribute to the blog to join the group.

Since your group is public and you might not to give every member of the group the ability to post, you can change the group roles of the bloggers to “Moderators” under the “Manage Members” tab in the admin panel. Then you can go back into the “Group Blog” tab in the admin panel and change the button for “Default Member Role” to subscriber (screenshots attached).

I hope this provides some clarification and please reply to this post if you are still experiencing any problems or have additional questions.

Since you are an administrator of a group I would also recommend joining The Group for Group Admins group: http://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/the-group-for-group-admins/ so you can keep up-to-date on changes to the site that affect groups. You can also use this group to post questions or suggestions to help improve the overall group experience.

Best,
    Sarah

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)