Public Group active 1 year, 4 months ago

WordPress HELP!!

This group is for neophytes to WordPress who are trying to use it as a Bbd alternative and have questions that “everyone knows” the answers to already. Except those who don’t. Quick answers to specific questions is what I envision here, so we can set up our courses without spending hours trying to find out a simple answer. Of course, we NEED EXPERTS in the group to actually answer the questions. All experts and neophytes please join this group!!

Admins:

Slideshare?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi Alycia,

I don’t think that we have any plugins currently installed that allow for file embeds (if anyone else finds otherwise, please post!). But we have put this on our to-do list and are working on the best way forward. If you’re interested in that discussion, you can see it here: http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/1103

Best,

Matt

Thanks–linking for now is a completely fine alternative, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I appreciate your speedy response!

I just wanted to update this thread and note that after the Commons’ upgrade to version 1.1.8, members can now embed a slideshare presentation in the same way as a Youtube video: by placing the url of the presentation on its own line in a blog post/page.

Another option is to embed documents from your Scribd account by activating the Simpler iPaper plugin.

Cheers,
    Sarah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.