Public Group active 1 year, 5 months ago

WordPress HELP!!

This group is for neophytes to WordPress who are trying to use it as a Bbd alternative and have questions that “everyone knows” the answers to already. Except those who don’t. Quick answers to specific questions is what I envision here, so we can set up our courses without spending hours trying to find out a simple answer. Of course, we NEED EXPERTS in the group to actually answer the questions. All experts and neophytes please join this group!!

Admins:

site stats for blog

• How do I get the site stats (mainly numbers of page views, but where folks come from would be nice if available) for my blog on the commons? I don’t want to publish them, just have them in the dashboard somewhere. I feel like it must be there and I’m just overlooking it somehow.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Hi Kelly,

Stats aren’t part of the default blog configuration on WordPress, but we have a plugin that you can enable called FireStats (http://firestats.cc/). To activate it, go to the Dashboard of your blog, find the plugins tab in the left hand menu, and search for the word “stats.” When you see the Fire Stats plugin, activate it. You’ll then see a “Firestats” listing under the “Dashboard” tab in the lefthand column that will allow you to adjust settings, etc.

If you find a better stats plugin that you’d like us to take a look at, please let us know.

Best,

Matt

Thanks Matt! Found it.