Public Group active 2 days, 11 hours ago

LACUNY Services for Incarcerated People Roundtable

The Services for Incarcerated People Roundtable provides a forum for librarians who support, or are interested in supporting, library services for incarcerated people to discuss current issues, broaden their understanding, and raise awareness of information barriers within the carceral system. The Roundtable connects CUNY librarians with other librarian-led groups, such as Prison Library Support Network, that provide direct services to incarcerated people, and serves as a resource for CUNY groups such as the UFS Committee on Higher Education in the Prisons and those working in prison education programs. https://lacunysips.commons.gc.cuny.edu/

Admins:

Kicking off this roundtable!

• Hi all,

With the start of the new academic year, it’s time for us to schedule a meeting and elect a chair (or co-chairs) for this new roundtable. Would anyone like to propose some dates to get us started? How are Fridays?

Also the UFS Committee on Higher Education in the Prisons has a meeting on Friday 9/8 from 3-5pm at CUNY Central, with a zoom option available (see attached agenda).

Is anyone available to attend that meeting and speak about our burgeoning work through LACUNY? It is a good way to connect with folks across CUNY campuses.

Finally, not sure if folks have seen the exhibition announcement for Return to Sender: Prison as Censorship, with opening reception on 9/14, 6-9pm. Lots going on these days!

Roxanne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Hello Roxanne, thank you for getting us going for the Fall 2023 semester.  I’m uncertain as to my status after this semester — I hope to remain in the CUNY library world, but my current assignment ends in January. Would you be willing to be chair?

Hello Group, Fridays work well in terms of roundtable meetings for me. I can also attend the UFS committee meeting this Friday, 3-5pm.

I plan to go to the opening reception of Return to Sender. If anyone else would like to meet up there, please let me know! rajones@citytech.cuny.edu

Cheers, Rachel

Hmm, I can certainly co-chair – but perhaps someone else will want to step in? I think we can discuss more at our first meeting.

I’ll get a note to CULIBS to get scheduling underway so we can get this ship sailing!

Roxanne

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.