Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

The Group for Group Admins

A meta-group for all of the Commons’ group admins so that the CUNY Academic Commons team can share information and keep you updated about changes to the site (and especially the Group interface). This group will also provide a way for us to get feedback from you about features you’d like to see added and ways we can improve the Group functionality.

Admins:

X Language missing or invalid

• I used the WAVE tool to check my site’s accessibility and got this error

“X Language missing or invalid”

The top of my screen shows “en-CAC”

I don’t think I saw this error before, so I am not sure why it is popping up now.  Thanks.

Van

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi Van – see attached for an explanation. The HTML attribute “lang” is set to “en-CAC”. I think it should be just “en” for english. I think CAC might stand for CUNY Academic Commons – there might be some customization on our side. I will ask our Dev team and get back to you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Van – Thanks for reporting this. See https://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/13978#change-58632

A fix will most likely be included in our next maintenance release – 2/23/2021.

Thank you.  Glad to know that there will be a fix.

Hi Scott,

I was in the general settings today and notice that the site language setting was “Eng_CAC” and clicked on it and changed it to English (United States).  I don’t, however, recall changing the language setting but might accidentally done so without knowing it.

I have rechecked with WAVE and now there is no longer an error. So the problem was my site language setting. Thanks.

Van

Good to know! I forgot about that setting. Anyway, we are going to globally change all the sites language to English (United States) so others don’t have this problem in next maintenance release.