EAS 106 – Section C3 – Spring 2021 – Group 8

Group logo of EAS 106 - Section C3 - Spring 2021 - Group 8

Nitay Eshed – Introductory Lab

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #107131
    Nitay Eshed
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Nitay Eshed, pronounced “KNEE-tie”. You can call me Nitay. I’m majoring in mechanical engineering with the interest of pursuing robotics as a field.

In terms of hobbies I like reading, tinkering, programming, cooking, learning, playing Magic: the Gathering, and Dungeons & Dragons.

I figured that learning about the Earth and its systems I can potentially identify problems that can be solved via robotics solutions. If anything, I can learn about the limitations a robot may have to deal with such as extreme pressure, heat, tectonic activity, and so forth to accomplish its task. Furthermore, the Earth is a very interesting and packed system to study, and since we live here it’s a good idea to know a little about how it works, so good ol’ curiosity drives me to here, too.

The conditions and effects of global warming are interesting to me because the solutions to these problems are definitely technological, and can absolutely be done at a profit. Understanding the effects of what’s happening with global warming can help us understand what may happen, and what *is* happening, to see where we can have market incentivization to fix many of the problems (for instance, carbon sequestration can be done at a profit by using the CO2 to produce plastic products). We can also mitigate earthquake damage by potentially predicting them, which is itself also ane ffect of a warming Earth. Global warming is a pressing issue with a lot of potential to be solved while benefitting from the process of the solution and it begins by understanding the systems of the Earth.

Looking forward to working with you all and learning about the Earth together,

Nitay

#107224

Hey Nitay!

I’m also in Mechanical Engineering, it’s good to have a fellow ME.

What year are you in and how do you like the curriculum so far?

I’m also interested in robotics, however I’m not well versed in it haha.

Yeah I also understand the obligations we engineers have to the general public and the environment itself. It’s a very intertwined subject matter that is inextricable from the engineering process.

I hope to delve deeper into these topics as well as governing Earth systems to compliment further discussion!

-Owen

#107249
    Nitay Eshed
    Participant

Hey Owen,

Yes, ME and robotics is awesome. I’m a freshman, and it’s too early to judge curriculum since I am still in my first year and we haven’t been in the building yet.

Indeed, looking forward to working and learning together.

Nitay

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.