Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Sociology M.S. in Applied Social Research

This is the group is for Hunter College’s M.S. program in Applied Digital Sociology. This is a place for current students to receive important updates about news and events within the program and the sociology department, to learn about new opportunities for internships, jobs and learn about exciting job opportunities.

Admins:

REMINDER FOR ALL: Be Respectful in Your Communication

• I’m posting this reminder for everyone as we move into the last half of the semester. I understand that these can be stressful times as you try to complete assignments that all seem to come due at the same time. However, keep in mind that completing those assignments is your responsibility, as a student, and not the responsibility of the instructor.  As you communicate about assignments and your progress through the program, I expect that your communication will be respectful.  I have a notice in my course syllabus that applies not only to my class but program-wide. It reads:

EXPECTATIONS ABOUT COMMUNICATION:

I expect all interpersonal communications in this class, whether between students or between a student and me, to be conducted with mutual respect. Any communications that I feel violate this code of conduct will result in a reprimand from me and potential review by the Office of Student Affairs.

Further, I expect that you all practice respectful communication to all instructional staff, whether full-time or adjunct. Any failure to do this will result in disciplinary action from me and potential review by the Office of Student Affairs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.