Public Group active 2 days, 10 hours ago

LACUNY Services for Incarcerated People Roundtable

The Services for Incarcerated People Roundtable provides a forum for librarians who support, or are interested in supporting, library services for incarcerated people to discuss current issues, broaden their understanding, and raise awareness of information barriers within the carceral system. The Roundtable connects CUNY librarians with other librarian-led groups, such as Prison Library Support Network, that provide direct services to incarcerated people, and serves as a resource for CUNY groups such as the UFS Committee on Higher Education in the Prisons and those working in prison education programs. https://lacunysips.commons.gc.cuny.edu/

Admins:

December 15 Online Workshop with Prison Library Support Network

• Dear Colleagues,

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday break. I’m writing with exciting news: in a couple of weeks, we are hosting a workshop (open to all CUNY library faculty and staff) with the Prison Library Support Network.

The workshop will include an overview of PLSN’s values and and a detailed review of  its reference practices. Afterwards, anyone interested will be able to sign up to answer reference letters. Other ways to be involved in PLSN will also be covered.

The workshop will be December 15, 3:00-5pm. Please register here. A Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants.

I hope this event is of interest and that CUNY library folks will be able to attend. Please reach out to me directly with any concerns or questions.

Thank you,

Rachel Jones

Coordinator of Information Literacy Instruction

Library Department

New York City College of Technology

rajones@citytech.cuny.edu

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.