Public Group active 2 months, 1 week ago

CUNY Technology, Arts, and Gaming (CUNY TAG)

CUNY TAG is a student-led network of clubs and organizations centered around media and digital culture, and the people who create it. Our mission is to spread knowledge and awareness of the importance of these groups and the value of studying emerging mediums. Our pilot program, the CUNY TAG Culture Club Union, connects student leaders to establish a line of communication between these types of clubs on CUNY campuses, to support each other so we can hold more events for our own respective student bodies, and to encourage collaboration on other future events.

Admins:

Waffle Games 7.0 @ CCNY June 22nd

• Hi all, long time lurker here, but you may have seen my posts about Waffle Games @ Hunter pre-pandemic. Well… we’re back!

Waffle Games is an annual convention and conference (usually) held each spring semester – run by students. Our 2023 event brought in over 600 students, recent grads, and industry professionals to City College to play, design, compete, and learn. This year, we had to move it to June – so our word of mouth on college campuses has been nerfed. It would be great if any of you could get the word out to your former students (or current if you’re teaching summer) that might be interested in gaming, game development, or other intersectional STEAM related things – we have talks on inclusive design, localization and cultural considerations, and other things that could apply to a wide variety of fields.

Our full schedule is posted already, and our sessions range from ones aimed at beginner students to more in-depth ones better for graduate students or professionals. Our keynote speaker is Kate Edwards, who even longtime industry professionals love hearing. But we also have fun stuff like an expo hall with over 40 local developers, and smash/league/mariokart tournaments. CCNY is still locked down a bit from the demonstrations so anyone attending would need to pre-register.

Also, if anyone has any of their posters from CUNY Games Conference past and want to share them at the event, I think it would be cool for the students to see the intersectional applications of games in education. Let me know if you’d be interested in that!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.