Public Group active 1 month, 4 weeks ago

Applied Digital Sociology

This is a place for current students in the master’s degree program in Applied Digital Sociology at Hunter College to receive important updates and to learn about internships, conferences and about exciting new job opportunities.

Admins:

Internship Opportunity for those in the BA/MS Program

• Internship to Employment (i2E) connects NYC small businesses with CUNY students with the aim of converting internships to employment. I2E’s summer 2024 cohort has two opportunities for CUNY students to participate. I2E Juniors is an 8-week Internship for current CUNY students who plan to apply for Fall 2024 classes with a minimum of 60 credits, a minimum 2.5 GPA, and with no previous paid internship experience. I2E’s 12-week Internship for recent or upcoming CUNY alumni who must have graduated with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from a CUNY school between December 2022 – May 2024. The deadline to apply is February 9, 2024.

The criteria for I2E Juniors:

• Currently a CUNY Student and plan to enroll in Fall 2024 classes
    • Have completed a minimum of 60 credits and have declared a major for a field of study
    • Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
    • Have no prior paid internship experience during your college career
    • Able to complete the 8 week internship
    • Able to work 35 hours per week during the 8 week internship

The criteria for I2E Alumni :

<ul style=”font-weight: 400;”>

• Must be a graduate with an associate or bachelor’s degree from a CUNY school between December 2022 – May 2024
  • Not be entering in a Bachelor’s or Masters program in the fall 2024
  •  

CUNY Career Launch offers internships for students with no previous paid internship experience, with a focus on recruiting first and second year students.  With a CUNY Career Launch internship, you are paid to explore your future career and learn on the job!

Internships run for 9 weeks from Early July to late August. Interns make $20 an hour and work for 19 hours per week.

The criteria for CUNY Career Launch:

<ul style=”font-weight: 400;”>

• Within the ages of 18-24 years old
  • Have you had no prior paid internship experience during your college career
  • Are a current CUNY undergraduate student enrolled in Spring ’24
  • Have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher
  • Are eligible to work in the United States
  • Interested in one of the following career fields: Marketing, communications, or public relations, Science, technology, engineering or environmental preservation, Community services, non-profits, or social services, Neighborhood Mobilization,Education, Healthcare

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.