• Rachel Daniell (she/they) posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago

Very excited to officially announce the release of the book “Silence, Screen, and Spectacle: Rethinking Social Memory in the Age of Information,” produced with my amazing co-editors, Lindsey Freeman and Ben Nienass.
    http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=FreemanSilence

I want to thank Jo Labanyi for making us part of Berghahn’s Remapping Cultural History series, Sara Merli for use of her orange tv photo, and the entire NYC memory studies community. I also want to give a shout out to Maury Botton for the cover design concept and Jessi Lee Jackson and Rachel Garver for all their help in the editing process. Most especially I want to thank the contributors, whose writing I feel excited to help get out into the world: Amy Sodaro, Naomi Angel, Cecilia Sosa, Laliv Melamed, Samuel Tobin, Timothy McMillan, Nicole Doerr, Joanna Michlic, and Susan Pearce. I feel particularly honored that Naomi Angel has a chapter in this book – her work on the Canadian truth commission process is so insightful and so needed, but she was taken from this earth much, much too soon earlier this year.

Thank you to everyone!