Public Group active 9 months ago

LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee

The LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee is dedicated to collaborative exploration of technologies that further the CUNY libraries’ missions. Through workshops, hack days, demoes, and other meetings, CUNY librarians learn new skills from each other and cultivate a community of openness, sharing, and encouragement.

Admins:

Knight News Challenge: Tech Support Needed

• Hi all —

You may have seen this call on the CULIBS for the Knight News Challenge. Barbara Gray (GJ), Beth Evans (BC) Polly Thistlethwaite (GC), Amanda Hickman (GJ) and myself have brainstormed quite a bit, and in order to meet the September 30th deadline for this challenge below:

How might we leverage libraries as a platform to build more knowledgeable communities?
    More here: https://www.newschallenge.org

We decided on the idea of providing a service that brings together event calendars from academic and cultural institutions and through an alert system feeds them out based on user profiles. The question, and I’m hoping someone from the Emerging Tech committee can lend their expertise and knowledge, how can this be done, how much is involved with creating a script, code or program to do something of this nature?

Please email at tinamarie.vella@journalism.cuny.edu — to discuss — once again, we are on a tight deadline to get the idea in — September 30th… so I hope to hear from this group soon!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Tinamarie Vella

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.