Gone are the days where we needed to mail letters back and forth for written communication. Nowadays, you can simply open your browser or mail application and send off a note. Gmail is one of the widest used and popular free email client. It’s easy to access on your smartphones, tablet, or computer. All you need is an Internet connection and you’re good to go.
A Gmail account can offer you more storage and spam filters compared to other accounts. It’s a user-friendly account that’ll reduce the amount of junk you receive. Send mail and have the recipient receive it almost instantly.
How Do You Create a Gmail Account?
Creating a Gmail account is a simple and quick process. Below is a step-by-step process to get your email account up and running.
- Click here to get started with creating your account.
- In the first two fields under Name, enter your first and last name.
- Under Choose Your Username, type in your desired username. This username will become your email address, i.e. email@example.com. So, if your username is example, your email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your username is available, continue on to step 5. If not, you will have to enter a different name or choose from one of the ones under Available.
- After you have gotten a username, type in your desired password under Create a Password.
- You’ll also have to type that password again under Confirm Your Password. Make sure that you: type the password correctly, pick one that is hard to guess.
- Optional: For enhanced security, you can enable two-point authentication.
- Under Birthday, select your birth month and enter your birth date and year.
- Choose your gender under Gender.
- Optional: For account authorization and verification purposes, you can choose to enter your phone number under Mobile Phone as well as add an existing email address under Your Current Email Address for password recovery.
- For security purposes, under Prove You’re Not a Robot, it will ask you to type the characters that are in the captcha.
- Select your country under the Location heading.
- Once all the fields are filled in, click Next Step.
- After that, click on I Agree.
- Click on Continue to Email and you’re good to go.
After you’ve finished these steps, you’ve got yourself an email account. You’ll be redirected to your Gmail dashboard which will give you a short tour. From there you can set up your profile theme, profile picture, import contacts, mail, and download Gmail apps. Your dashboard Setup guides you through the whole process.
What are the age restrictions on Google accounts?
To create a Google Account, the minimum age requirements are:
- United States – 13+ years of age
- Spain and South Korea – 14+ years of age
- Netherlands – 16+ years of age
- All other countries – 13+ years of age
How do I change my Gmail account password?
To change your Gmail password, you will need to use a computer browser to log into your Gmail account. Go to Settings > Accounts > Change Account Settings > Change Password.
Can you sign into multiple accounts at once?
Yes, you can. You will need a computer browser to do this. Sign into Google, and click on your profile picture on the top right. When the menu appears, choose Add Account. Follow the instructions on the screen.