Composition in 2 genres

Sydney Ogude

FIQWS

Kelly McIntosh 

12/2/20

Composition in Two Genre

Genre 1

This is my first of the two compositions I’ve created for this assignment. For this assignment, I decided to choose a drawing as shown above. My reasoning for this was because I wanted to reach the younger audience who aren’t too fond of reading newspapers or watching the news on tv. Spreading awareness to the youth of our society is very crucial if we hope to see change in the future. Children are the future so we need to be able to educate them about issues like this so they don’t make the same mistakes as the past. In the political cartoon above it shows police officers getting ready to go attack the protesters. One of the police officers said “ Make it look like a n accident”. Police officers who have sworn to protect the people are instead trying to attack and arrest peaceful protesters . The audience being the children seeing this they can get what the cartoon is trying to say. In summation the political cartoon shows the younger audience a serious issue in a child friendly manner.

Genre 2: Social Media Post 

This day and age social media is the biggest platform when you are trying to get a message across to the masses. A post on social media has the ability to spark park something major. The killing of George Floyd was an event that sparked something big because of the power of social media. His death being recorded and posted on social media is the reason that it caused such a change in the fight for black lives. It gave the movement an extra push to continue fighting for what they believed in . On my twitter the image I posted depicts the officers as the murderers they are and it shows what they did was inhumane.  The manor in which George Floyd was killed showed the lack of respect that is given  to the black community as a whole. In the social media post it shows the cops that took the life of George as criminals in a wanted poster. This shows the impact that his death had on America as a whole. His death sparked a protest in almost all of the states. The audience of this is the teenagers and adults who use social media on a daily basis. Since social media is such a huge platform this is the way to reach people to eventually see a change.

Reflection

The process of moving from my research essay to my composition project wasn’t troublesome because both of them centered around the same topic so it was easy to write about it.The rhetorical choices that I made help convey the message of each genre even more. Some barriers in communicating with the audience that I encountered was the age difference between the audience, My first genre focused on the younger people while the second genre focused on the older people. I overcame this problem by thinking differently for each genre because I was focusing on 2 different types of people. The composing process was different because for this assignment it wasn’t a research paper so the structure of the assignment was different. I choose the genre I did because i wanted to target two different audiences about the same issue. The genre affected the audience choice because each genre had its own separate audience that it was targeting. Some rhetorical practices that I found myself using was the diction that I used to explain each genre.They were effective because they depicted each genre differently

Responses

Welcome to Social Paper (beta)!