Social Paper (beta)

Welcome to Social Paper, a tool for networking in-progress student writing and feedback across disciplines, semesters, and publics. Use Social Paper to create papers, share and follow papers, comment on papers, or simply browse and search papers from The CUNY Academic Commons community using the directory below.

Newest Comments and Papers

• The editor is breaking my emojis! Oh well…

This paper is aworking document for jotting down some thoughts I have on digital tools and learning, and related stuff I might be interested in doing/making. I c […]

• This is my first sample paper using the new Social Paper feature of the CUNY Academic Commons. Cool!

I can easily embed content:

…and make my text beautiful with easy-to-use formatting tools.

Enjoy using Social Paper!

• Timeline of Project
    December 2012: Idea first developed in ITP class, inspired by KFitz’s Planned Obsolescence and a less than satisfying class blog experience

September2013: Submitted NEH DH Digital Start-Up G […]

1 129 130

Papers Directory

• Profile photo of Rosandy Sanchez
    Written by Rosandy Sanchez Updated 1 week, 6 days ago

Reading Comprehnsion

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Karl Steel

[Chapter 3 of my book in progress. Chapter 5, on Oysters, is here: https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/papers/oysters/] Chapter III: FOOD FOR WORMS “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy victory?” — 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 Three Ways of Thinking About Death How many ends does death have for us? The answer has long seemed easy, […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Karl Steel

A study of medieval and early modern oysters, posthumanism, and the problem of agency, which ultimately argues that oysters don’t need a ‘touch of anthropomorphism’ but rather that we need a ‘touch of oysterpomorphism.’

Public Paper / 1 comment / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Arielle
    Written by Arielle Updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago

“See now that I, I am He, and there is no God besides Me” (Deuteronomy 32:39).  The belief in God is one of the most important aspects of humanity. The three main faiths of this world are Christianity, Islam and Judaism.  Some may think these beliefs are all completely different, however, if they are […]

Public Paper / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Erin Glass
    Written by Erin Glass Updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Greetings, ENGL 494! I’m writing you tonight—somewhat bleary-eyed and just a few hours before deadline, sound familiar?—with the hope that you will join me in an academic social experiment. The goal of our experiment will be to produce a public, student-driven dialogue that questions assumptions about two things: the potential of student writing, and the […]

Public Paper / 5 comments / 1 follower
  • Profile photo of Eileen Clancy
    Written by Eileen Clancy Updated 1 month ago

Turning Books Into Data:
    Creating a Historical Database of 20th Century Women Scientists in the U.S.

Public Paper / 16 comments / 11 followers
  • Profile photo of Myrna Lillian Fuentes
    Written by Myrna Lillian Fuentes Created 1 month, 1 week ago

Myrna Lillian Fuentes April 16, 2016 Archival Website There is a group of seven indigenous nations that have come to dwell in a city called Puyo in Ecuador.  They travel from the inner sections of the Amazon and settle in Puyo.  Each nation has their own language and culture, but they all cohabitate in this […]

Public Paper / 15 comments / 5 followers
  • Profile photo of Kat Roberts
    Written by Kat Roberts Created 1 month, 1 week ago

An Introduction to the Project As a scholar interested both in fashion studies and women’s studies, I am extremely intrigued by the ways women are portrayed in society, both by themselves and by others. I’m particularly interested in the ways people dressing themselves are influenced by major world events, or alongside shifts in culture and […]

Public Paper / 9 comments / 6 followers
  • Profile photo of Hung Dam Quoc
    Written by Hung Dam Quoc Updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Most lecturers are expected to receive emails from students so that they can evaluate their lectures as well as improve their teaching skills. Here are some notes that will help you to write a perfect email for your professor.

Public Paper / 1 comment / 2 followers
  • Profile photo of Rosandy Sanchez
    FV3
    Written by Rosandy Sanchez Updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago

It was a cold night in New York City the wind sang its favorite song the lights paraded the streets the leaves danced broken glass on the sidewalk dark and long alley like the mouth of a cave Millie was heading home from work She never taken that route to get home That dark alley […]

Public Paper / 1 follower