Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Public Group active 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Group logo of Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Week 12 Assignments DUE 11/16

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dear class-

If you have not done so already, please be sure to submit your final drafts of Essay #2 to Blackboard ASAP. Please note that I have suspended the late work policy for the remainder of the semester. Moving forward, you will not lose points for any late assignments, however, I will NOT accept any assignments more than one week late.

Next week, we will move on to brainstorming the most creative essay assignment you will complete in this course, the Composition in Two Genres. See details below.

DUE NOV 16TH at 11:59PM

Read Essay #3 Assignment Sheet

Review Introduction to Composition in Two Genres Presentation (attached)

• You may also access this file in the Group Library here.

ESSAY #3 POTENTIAL GENRES PROPOSAL DUE

• For this assignment, you will explore various genres that might be appropriate to your project, and write a proposal (250 – 500 words) outlining the ones you’re thinking about using in your composition. You should also consider your audience strategy as you write this.
    • Post your response to the COURSE BLOG on the Academic Commons and comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts.

For those of you considering using a visual genre (poster, meme, etc.), your visual essay must be an original creation. You may use images that are either taken or created by you or online source material that you have meaningfully altered (i.e. using Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie, etc.). I have included additional resources to assist you with creating your visual essay below.

Additional Resources

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. You may respond directly to this thread or contact me separately via email. I will host office hours tomorrow afternoon from 12:30pm-1:30pm and by appointment for those of you who would like to meet 1-on-1.

Happy weekend!

Shamecca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.